Great Forum.

thanks "whosyourdaddy" that was my point the nfl won't even look at a city that is willing to build a 65,000 seat stadium and then if you don"t fill it they black out the game to local tv coverage

Please review the NFL Canada website.

link

[b]The National Football League's goal, on a multi-national basis, is to support football wherever it is played.

The National Football League, through NFL Canada, makes complementing and working in partnership with the Canadian Football League a priority. Both leagues share the goal of strengthening the interest, awareness and participation in football among Canadians. [/b]

Some things to consider regarding an NFL franchise in Toronto, which have been discussed many times here.

1. The NFL doesn't need to come to Toronto, they have nothing to gain.

2. Skydome doesn't meet the NFL attendance requirements. A new stadium would cost 1 billion dollars, approximately. Toronto didn't win their last Olympic bid so the plan to build an NFL stadium disguised as an Olympic stadium with taxpayers dollars failed. Ontario taxpayers probably won't support the building of a new stadium with taxpayers money.

3. An NFL franchise could cost 1 billion dollars. That brings the total cost, franchise plus stadium, to 2 billion dollars.

4. I am not absolutely certain, but there may be NFL owners that would prefer not to expand to Canada.

How about we go into the nfl forums and cut & paste these discussions right into where they belong? OVER THERE! :thup:

As I see it the following cities in the states will be in line for a NFL team long before Toronto...
. Los Angeles
San Antonio
Las Vegas
Columbus

long shots
Oklahoma City
Portland Sacramento

Teams that may move..

San Francisco to LA because the people of San Fran don't want to build a new stadium.

Buffalo to where ever. Doubt that they will move but they may try.

this may be true but the nfl has said that it wants to be multinational and mexico dosn't have the economic stability to support a nfl team so Canada would be the next logical choice. Also the nfl dosn't do things unless they make profit for the nfl, although i agree that the cfl has benifited from the support of the nfl there is a possible other motive behind it such as testing for markets that can support an expanding nfl market

It just gets to be repeative! Over and over again. Yes maybe a few guys are new but then again hopefully they can read! Hey if it is in the off topic area then fine! But really we are in the middle of the season, some teams are in the race for a playoff spot and then they post NFL threads! Any body got some NFL OFF!

Dream on! The NFL is already international! NFL Europe or did they merge Europe with the USA when we were not looking!

are you on meds or drugs? Parliament will have something to say to the NFL if what you say is ture, and I mean ture, because it can't possibly be the truth.

I think San Fan will survine, and with Buffalo being supported by TO, and in turn, Buffalo supporting the Raps and Jays, I don't see Buffalo moving either.

NO might, since that city is half the size it was, as in ubder reconsution to be smaller (although that Oil find might change everything again).

The team though, IMO, that should move to LA for the benefit of the NFL is the Jets.

to kkbbeptrbc:

you think parliment is going to step in if the nfl wants to move to canada then you are sadly mistaken an nfl franchise means more money tahn any cfl franchise will generate . but don't get me wrong i'm not in favor of the nfl in Canada i just think that it is something that will be enevavle and unfortunatly although some true cfl fans will not support the nfl many canadians will pay top dollar to see them. personally i think that the nfl coming to Canada is a bad move and that we CFL fans and other Canadians don't need or want them

I think that the Parliament, which is interested in it's own sports and has proclaimed Lacrosse the summer sport in Canada, will likely intervene on behalf of the CFL if the NFL tries to move a team to Canada since the NFL posses a theart to one of it's valued intuitions, they did so for the WFL would wanted a team in TO, and they didn't for the AFL because that was a different sport compelty, and posed no real threat to the CFL.

I TRULY DON'T THINK THAT A NFL TEAM WOULD THREATEN THE CFL SAVE FOR ONE TEAM THAT WOULD BE TO. THERE IS ENOUGH TALLENT IN NORTH AMERICA TO SUPPORT BOTH LEAGUES. IF TORONTO WAS A CASUALTY OF NFL EXPANSION THEN THE TEAM COULD BE MOVED TO EITHER LONDON OR HALLIFAX, TWO MARKETS THAT ARE MORE THEN ABLE TO SUPPORT A CFL TEAM

Turn off the Caps lock!!

sorry i for got

I think the NFL is grasping at straws right now. I personally don’t think they need to expand. If they do, LA is the WORST place to go as it is just not a football town. Going to Toronto is something I just can’t fathom happening. The CFL is strong up there, and I don’t think the NFL will enjoy the success they think it will.

Also, Ralph Wilson, the owner of the Bills would never go for it. There of course is the chance he will lose fans for a new franchise, and he can ill afford that right now.

The token Yank…

the bills will move to los angeles soon, and mlse/rogers will team up to build a private stadium downtown and host a future superbowl and college bowl game.

Toronto could be the first city to hold a superbowl game outside of the US

it will once toronto builds a new stadium, it would be privately built by mlse/roger/private investors.

well we all now how much we pay for cable so Rogers has the money to do and i am sure that msle would love to have a peice of it as well. But lets not rule out that a new 80,000 seat staduim is very attractive for the city of TO. that could labd common wealth games world track and feild meets and more, dso I wouldn't rule out them kicking in some $$$$$$

i would love a new stadium with a new stadium oyu can host future superbowls, college bowl games, international soccer matches, bigtime music concerts and it adds falvour and beauty to the city and creates jobs.