Great fans, great game, ownership issues.

you CFL. Great fans, great game, bush league owners. GO TO ****. The CFL fans, I have great respect for, but I will now turn my attention to the NFL and disown the CFL because the people who run this league are rotten , selfish, egoccentric and greedy bastards. I hope there is never a team in Ottawa again, I've had enough. You will prop up anything in southern Ontario but you did not lift a finger or do anything for Ottawa fans,
editted by Good Housekeeping

your lying you have no respect for other CFL fans if you want the NFL to just come over now and destroy over 100 years of Canadian tradition cause your town didn't support your team. I agree with you on one thing tho, Ottawa should never be allowed to have a team again. There is obviously no market for and no capable local owners.

Wow. I doubt it would have been possible to cram anymore ignorence and stupidity into 7 lines of drivel ...

This message / tone completely epitomizes the "fans" that exist in Ottawa. They suspend play for a single season (NOT FOREVER - tho I personally think it should be), and the fans whine and complain? Yet, it was these VERY SAME FANS that said they wouldn't support the team unless they started winning?? or got a new owner? or got a new stadium? or fixxed the horrible scheduling? or didn't schedule games on flower parade days? or scheduling games on rainy days ... These @ssclowns used every excuse in the book to not support this team .. now they got exactly what everyone told them would happen - and now they are angry?

Your team (albeit the rough riders), WAS supported by the league in the past ... This is the second time around ... Your blaming the CFL for finding your team an owner? A job your city wasen't capable of doing itself .. ? Had the CFL not found the Gliebermans, this day would have occurred a year ago ...

This type of response, assures me that I am correct about the people of Ottawa and their arrogance in believing that having a CFL team is their god given right - even though they choose not to support it. The CFL should pull the plug for good on these miserable, ungreatfull, losers.

ORR's response (albeit retarded) will be mirrored by many of the other neanderthals in Ottawa .. I feel this will even further worsen the fanbase, making 2007 even more difficult ...

StatiK76
GO BOMBERS!!!

Gades fans need to vent agains't the CFL or whomever they want to vent agains't, I would do the same if I was in their situation. Best to let it all hang out Ottawa fans, best for your health.

But I'm not in their situation, thank god, our mayor here and city council, while not the best, at least made it attractive enough for Bob Young to invest in the Cats and I really don't think the mayor and city council up there have done the same from what I have read. It's too bad but not much anyone can do and to be honest, I am really looking forward to the CFL season.

Hope to have you back Ottawa in 2007 if there is a hope at all.

StatiK76 Status: Offline
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 - 11:01 AM

Wow. I doubt it would have been possible to cram anymore ignorence and stupidity into 7 lines of drivel ...

This message / tone completely epitomizes the "fans" that exist in Ottawa. They suspend play for a single season (NOT FOREVER - tho I personally think it should be), and the fans whine and complain? Yet, it was these VERY SAME FANS that said they wouldn't support the team unless they started winning?? or got a new owner? or got a new stadium? or fixxed the horrible scheduling? or didn't schedule games on flower parade days? or scheduling games on rainy days ... These @ssclowns used every excuse in the book to not support this team .. now they got exactly what everyone told them would happen - and now they are angry?

Your team (albeit the rough riders), WAS supported by the league in the past ... This is the second time around ... Your blaming the CFL for finding your team an owner? A job your city wasen't capable of doing itself .. ? Had the CFL not found the Gliebermans, this day would have occurred a year ago ...

This type of response, assures me that I am correct about the people of Ottawa and their arrogance in believing that having a CFL team is their god given right - even though they choose not to support it. The CFL should pull the plug for good on these miserable, ungreatfull, losers.

ORR's response (albeit retarded) will be mirrored by many of the other neanderthals in Ottawa .. I feel this will even further worsen the fanbase, making 2007 even more difficult ...

StatiK76

They have pulled the plug, Einstein.

Yes ORR, they, the CFL pulled the plug but why? Because the groundwork isn’t being laid there by the powers to be to make it attractive for a quality, classy owner to want to own the Gades. Hey, you’ve got a great stadium, some great fans, and quality people looking but a deal can’t be reached. The CFL had no other choice but to pull the plug but it didn’t want to but had to.

The people with the power in Ottawa need to make it attractive to get your “Bob Youngs”, and you have them, to want to invest in an Ottawa football team.

"for good", retard.

StatiK76
GO BOMBERS!!!

That's right , "for good", Einstein.

Im not sure who to blame for this failure. I do know one thing -- bringing back the Gliebermans was a mistake right from the word go-- it seemed they bought the franchise just to destroy it. Mr. Wright should look in the mirror and ask why did he allow such a bonehead move, to allow the Gliebermans back into the CFL

I think they brought the Gliebermans back, because there was no one else dumb enough to own a doomed franchise with so little fan support ... The Gliebermans fit the bill and kept them alive for another season ... Im certain the CFL only entertained the idea of the Gliebs as owners, as a stop-gap solution / band-aid fix ...

StatiK76
GO BOMBERS!!!

Gliebs were hardly Wright or the CFL's first choice. Wish a local owners group would have stepped up last year to save the Gades instead of the Gliebergoofs. maybe the town would have come out more last year and supported the Gades had they known their money was going to a local ownership group that was really trying. Instead, they stayed away and it seems like it was because they didn't like the ownership and thought they were disingenuous with their motives. Really really too bad, I was looking forward to going to my first Gades game this year.

Its a vicious circle.....Some potential owners have walked away....The Ottawa City Council isn't budging on Concessions or rent, The fans (numbers depending on who you listen too) are difficult to gauge the support.

If I had inherited twenty Million dollars, I'm not so sure I would make Ottawa my first choice to buy a CFL team. Is it attractive for me to pump money in?

The CFL in Ottawa could work.... what they need is good ownership, some good marketing, a plan to have a contending team within 3-5 yrs, but the real key is winning back fans with trust , and that may be the most difficult hurdle anyone will have in reviving the franchise..... Ottawa fans may be the most wary and distrusting fans , in any league

.....and so these wary and distrusting fans should be trusted with another franchise when there are a few other cities out there who would love to be priviledged to call a CFL team theirs?......I know I'll be cast as cold and heartless here but I say you reap what you have sown.......years of fan apathy have been as much to blame for this turn of events as has bad ownership........

The recipe for success, of a good owner, good marketing, solid fan base, and a team becoming a contender in 3-5 years would work anywhere.... Ottawa has had two chances, and they blew them both ... its time to move on to a city that cares enough to support the franchise, despite having a perfect recipe.

The trick for a city to have a successfull franchise, is to not have all the ingredidents right from the start, and slowly build and work on the ingredients that need more attention ... unfortunately for ottawa, not a single required ingreident exists.

StatiK76
GO BOMBERS!!!

There are good fans in Ottawa, but would you go to a game knowing that the Gliebermans have a poor attitude when it comes to running a franchise? As for putting a team in another city, there is no place other than Halifax? Where you would put a franchise? Saskatoon? Red Deer? Quebec City? Moose Jaw? Maybe Iqualit would like a franchise....

If I was a gades fan, yes I would be going to the games regardless of who owned it. I go to games to watch football, and even though I can get frustrated at my team, I still go and support. because the only way they can get better is if people go to the games.
I'm sorry, but I blame the city of Ottawa and its lackluster fan support. The Fans that are there are good fans, its just there aren't enough of them.

Ottawa had fair fan support , but they could have had more if they had diff owners. Look at the promotions they came up with, like the Mardi Gras promotion. I wonder maybe if they had done more the alumni groups (JC Watts, Wonderful Mohns, Russ Jackson, Tony Gabriel) that it might stirred more interest. They had some great players over the years, and as painful for Rider fans to admit Gabriel's catch in the 76 Grey Cup stands out as the most identifiable plays in CFL history. Ottawa had good support in those days , and can still have that support, given the right situation.

I feel for you ORR and all the other Ottawa fans. But part of the trouble there the way I see it is your City Council. They won't give an owner a break in the rent or concessions. I can easily see Ottawa averaging as many fans as Winnipeg or Saskatchewan but you wouldn't be on equal footing because of the Government help they get out there. Maybe you should be organizing something to try and make the lack of a Football team an issue in the up coming fall municipal elections.

You are very correct about that. Ottawa City Council is very left- wing and very greedy. At some point last week, there was a motion from the idiot councillor in the Glebe (where the Lansdowne complex is) , to charge motorists at 5 different entry points in the downtown core based on a London, England, brainstorm. It was turned down because more study needs to be done. I am sure this will be revisited. This is the mentality football owners and fans have to deal with. It was the same are that wanted to bulldoze Lansdowne Park a few years ago. This was (former mayor, now MPP) Jim Watson's idea until the current mayor saved the area. I just pray that the goof doesn't get the same idea as Watson did a few years ago, or else the Frank Clair Stadium might be gone too.