Got my vuvuzelas for the Opener

are you guys serious... this is football its going to be loud. When the opposing team is on offense every single person should be making noise. I dont care if your yelling, clapping your hands, using noise makers just do something. The more noise you make the harder it is for the other team.

So what is wrong with vuvuzelas?

Thank you.

What makes you think I don’t understand soccer? As Pat said, it’s a simple game - like Checkers.

What I dont’ understand is why people need to make constant irritating loud noise during the game.

Well im hoping you understand why they make it when the opposing team is on the field?

In soccer they blow those horns during the entire game, not just when the defence is on the field. And no, that doesn’t mean we should start blowing horns when the defence is on the field. It’s far better to use the voice and cheer the D squad then make that racket.

Ya know when you think about it ... a stadium full of people screaming oski wee wee seems kinds stupid too from an outsiders point of view also...

Many teams have traditional cheers. One thing I like about watching England soccer matches is the collection of songs that break out. Unfortunately you can't hear them due to the incessant hornet's nest droning them out. Singing or cheering is not the same as blowing a horn. The former adds atmosphere the latter annoys and turns people off.

To add to what Pat said, blowing a horn is a simple activity done at a simple game by simple minds.

Im not sure how you figure that…
Ask any player on our D and they will tell you they want you to do anything possible to get the stadium loud. The players love it and I really does mess up the offense.

Lets see if i can recall those big stupid blue horns have be banned for quite a while now too at CFL games …same with airhorns and the likes … so what kinda name should we come up with for the CFL ???

way to sneak in a bash the NFL moment …

Yes, however there are restrictions. Thundersticks are allowed (although equally annoying) cowbells too. You can’t bring in airhorns, nor use laser pointers to aim at the QB’s eyes. IWS gets loud enough when a capacity crowd uses their voice to interfere with the opposing QB’s audibles.

You know the cats sell these things right? I bought one a few years ago and haven’t used it since then because I found it easier to yell.

Most of the time if you have seen my numerous posts in “Other Leagues” I have good things to say about the NFL actually, and then of course I get bashed for that all the same by those who hate the NFL …oh well that’s what happens when you have anything to say of substance :roll:

Sorry the NFL sucks for its TV scheduling practises in major markets, even where games are sold out regularly, and for anti-fan stuff like these “rules” for cheering considering what folks pay for their seats and for parking. :thdn: :thdn:

Otherwise they do get an awful lot right with the highest TV ratings ever nowadays, and Goodell is doing more to clean up the league short of the 800lb gorilla in the living room – HGH. :thup:

See the many other posts and comment on those perhaps.

And I"m sure all your seat neighbours appreciate your voice as opposed to a crude noise maker.

Oskie Wee Wee!

Everyone bring a Didgeroo instead. :wink:

Are the Ticats giving away these horns at the opening? I heard they are going give away to the first 15,000.
That will be a lot of noise!!

Since noisemakers are prohibited it should make for a very nasty day if they do

Second to the sport itself, those things were the most annoying part of the World Cup.

Use your voice -- it sounds way better. Plus, for most people, you'll have the option of arranging your self-made sounds into something more comprehendable and creative.

In addition, without having to hold that horn all day, you're ability to hold one or more beverages will be significantly enhanced. Which, in turn, will result in the amplification of your voice. Essentially, the goal of bringing the horn in the first place.

See. I just rationalized your way out of needing any wimpy horn.