Goss Gassed

[url=http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Edmonton/2010/12/17/16584976.html]http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/ ... 84976.html[/url]

Remembering when:
Feb.'07 - Goss to EDM for Richard Alston, Nicolas Biaillon, neg rights to Timmy Chang and a 2nd round draft pick (Cats selected Eric Ince)

Good for Goss, he thought he was to good to play in the hammer.

I don't believe that that comment is quite fair. . . I seem to recall that he asked to be traded out west to be closer to family, and the Cats agreed to accomodate him.

Tillman's housecleaning begins.

At the time Gose was one of the top Dbacks in the league and Ham did not want to trade him, but he would not report to camp so they traded him to Ed. I don't believe the family thing.

Agree there. He sure was a top DB at the time, why in the world the Eskimos insisted on playing him out on the corner instead of at HB where he excelled is beyond me. Never been a fan of trying to squeeze square pegs into round holes. . .

You may be right catfish, I don't recall the refusal to report. . . all I recall is that he wanted to be out west to be closer to family. . . but my memory may be faulty, I concede that readily.

Anyone think GOSS would coem back to the cats ....???

I am not quite sure why he left the first time ?

One thing I do know is he is a good DB and an athletic big play guy that can play man to man that we lack

Kavis was Jason's Defensive Co-ordinator in Hamilton in 2004,5,6.

I can't help thinking that the reason Kavis released Goss so quickly
is related to the mysterious situation involving Jason's departure.

I don't feel the stated reason given [a need to be closer to family] was the real reason.

Hamilton is a few hours further away by airplane. not really a significant difference.

I may be 100% wrong but I felt he chose to bail out because he didn't like losing.

Whether Jason really hated losing, or not, I don't know,
but teams with losing records don't get playoff money.

P.S.

At least he did it with more class than Adriano Belli
who deliberately took penalties in his last games here

until management couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Goss may have threatened or implied that he wouldn't report, but he was traded in Feb 2007, before he ever had a chance to follow through on any such threat. I vaguely recall at the time his agent making some sort of comment about it not making sense to keep a player who may not perform at the top of his game if he's doesn't want to be there.

Here's an interesting quote from Reed during the leadup to the trade:

[url=http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Edmonton/2007/02/07/3549561-sun.html]http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/ ... 1-sun.html[/url]
"He's a very, very gifted athlete," said former Hamilton defensive co-ordinator Kavis Reed.

"Had Jason played on a team that was winning games, he would have been a perennial all-star."

I recall there were issues with him and didn’t his partner come on here and start spouting off? It was getting ugly. The situation with the team and him got ugly I’m thinking. About exactly what specifically, not sure. Was it just a money thing? I don’t know.

It got ugly after the trade...his boy's mother shouldn't have got baited into the discussion...because some fans were just pissed at him for wanting to move...he wanted to be closer to home and family...at the time his boy was just 1. Yes, he asked to be traded and the Ticats accomodated that request. These guys have family and have some of the same problems and issues as all the rest of us. Things change...situations change, and in the life of a pro football player, particularly in the CFL it can change in a heartbeat.

Jason is a very good DB and a fine gentleman. He will probably play somewhere out west. :wink:

He walked out on his team before he was traded.

I wouldn't take him back.

He's a quitter.

Plus, he has lost more than a step.

Game Over.

Everyone should have a 2nd Chance if Obie signs him I'd Well Goss Anderson or Both Back

end thread