Gord Christian Passes Away

According to CHCH News last nite, Gord Christian, former Tight End for the Cats in the late 60s/ early 70s, and former Delta Red Raider passed away yesterday at the age of 62 due to a heart attack.

We'll miss you Gord!

Again, this has been a really tough year for the CFL!

We keep losing these great older players ..
Man this is sad newst :cry:

Man, another far too young to die, a shame. All the best to his family and friends.

Sorry to hear this news. Us oldsters will remember Gord for his gusto on special teams. He probably had more "piling on" penalties than anyone in the history of the league. He would jump into the pile like a kid jumping into a pile of leaves. He always played all out and was fun to watch.

I'm really sorry to hear this news. Gord wasn't that old, in his 50s or early 60s. He was a local guy, a real lunch bucket player who worked in the steel mills to make ends meet as I recall. He was indeed a hard hitter on special teams. If I remember correctly, he took over the tight end spot after Ted Watkins died. What a shame to hear of this. One notable thing about Gord at the time was that he was reputed to have the biggest feet on the team!

Condolences and best wishes to his family.

Not another one!! I remember him in his playing days. Not a star but one of those indispensible guys every true team needs. Only 62.

Another sad day.

An Argo-Cat fan

I can still see Gord #72 I recall and #77 T. Gabriel running side by side ,their long legs pumping as they ran down field on kickoffs and punts ,they were an awsome tandem .
Sad day for me and all Ti-Cat fans ,condolences to the Gord Christian family.

I don't remember him, but my condolences to his family and friends.

Although I never saw Gord play fottball. I knew Gord throught the Golden Horshoe Ourdoor club as an advid fishermen. I am sure he will be missed by the members as well as members of the Dofasco fishing club. My deepest condolences to his friends and family.
Tcmik

I am very sorry to hear such sad news.

Gord had a lot more living to do.

My condolences to the Gord's family.

P.S.

Gord didn't have the advantage of a U.S college scholarship
so he had to get his training on the job playing vs pros

He sure made a big contribution to the Tiger Cats
on special teams with his aggressive pursuit of ball carriers

in the hard-hitting Steeltown tradition
the Tiger Cats established in those times.

Link to obit:

[url=http://classifieds.hamiltonspectator.com/HOLCSApp/hs_popup1a.jsp?adId=5250569]http://classifieds.hamiltonspectator.co ... Id=5250569[/url]