Goodspeed a Ticat

Goodspeed for Rempel. That makes up for the Moreno deal last year. Rottier would still be my first pick in the draft.

Well Obie did a great job in this trade,He's back in my good books again.
It looks like next year we will be giving up the first overall draft pick for a change and either
Winn. or Sask. will have the chance at it. (possibly TO)
I'm i very heart broken. :rockin:

I've just posted audio of a portion of the interview I did with Goodspeed last night.

[url]http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2009/04/goodspeed-interview.html[/url]

whenever I see a deal like this, I also say "whats the catch"?

I think that even Rempels grandmother would say that the Cats got the edge in this one big time.

my kneejerk reaction is "do the Bombers know something that the Cats don't know?"

Then I look at the trainwreck that is developing in Peg and I said....hmmmmm

Good deal

It gets better. It appears the Bombers paid 80k of his 150k salary. So the Ticats will show 70k on the books this season for Good speed. Wait till Asper takes over that mess....oh my

I have to admit I was a little iffy at first based on the fact that he’s 32 and I also wondered if maybe Winnipeg knew something we didn’t, but I have to say that I really like the underhandedness and sneakiosity of this trade. :lol: Full credit to O’Billovich for making Kelly look like a jackass on this one. I had a good chuckle when I read about it in the paper this morning.

They knew enough to pay him his 80k bonus part of his 2009 salary. Bombers ratio dosen't afford them to play an import tackle, import kicker and four import receivers. It is a good trade.

Yeah - the team now has the opportunity to break him in gradually if they want to try him at the OT position. What better mentors than Goodspeed and Gauthier?

A good trade for the Ticats.

Ratio-wise, Kelly is now paying the price for letting Gauthier, Koch and Picard walk.

Exactly. The way long term successful organizations do things.

what the heck is going on in winnipeg???

Obie is lookin like a genius, and Kelly is looking like a dumb...again.

let them walk?? haha

Gauthier and Picard left to be closer to home, i know its hard for you ppl to keep up, we all can tell from ur teams, lol, most Bomber games were won by atleast 1 of the 3, or wait, maybe not…

anyway… good luck to ya

peace