...goodbye Glenn

I’d like to see Durant with us also. Ithink it depends on how much Tilman is ready to fork out for a Qb who is still unproven but does show alot of potential. You could say the same for the Bombers. How much would they be willing to ante up? I can’t see Printers landing in the Peg or Joseph. Didn’t the Bombers make a pitch for Jarious Jackson earlier this year?
I do agree that Glenn will be traded,released or relagated to permanent back-up.

ya i don;t see printers or joseph, high salaries and lack luster production this past season. the bombers have a great oppurtuity right now to restart there thinking. randall is a big prospect, durant is a good looking qb who can become a great one. rework the ofice and coaching and uild on a new qb and this team come 2010 can be a big force again

…yes actually the Bombers went after J. Jackson…but Wally wanted the farm…I think Bomber management knew then, that Glenn was toast… why didn’t they pursue someone else is beyond me??? could be lack of talent available and we just signed Randall…Durant would be an up-grade over Glenn no doubt…he gives the Bombers a better chance to win once he learns the offensive schemes…HOWEVER…maybe Tilman is prepared to open the vault and scare away other interested parties…I don’t see too much depth at the qb. position in Riderville…Glenn would look good in green though…right back to where he started, :wink: :slight_smile:

nah … when he was actually allowed to play his style of game, he was good … see the last few games of the season … the Argos tried to turn him into a pocket passer, that’s why he was terrible at the start of the year

and there is absolutely no way anyone can say Durant is a clear upgrade on Glenn, heck people were saying Bishop gave the Riders a better chance to win than Durant would’ve and Bishop is by far worse than Glenn … Durant might well be better by next year, but nobody knows that right now and anyone who’s saying that is simply being biased against Glenn

I say bet the farm on Randall. Give him the reins and let him go. Let's play through his growing pains in 09 and maybe be something to be reckoned with in '10. Seems like the best option to me. I think he's our future.

'Course we need a competent OC too...maybe pry Mike Kelly outta Edmonton?

bowler i agree. i never said said durant was better then glenn. i said he is a good looking propect quarter bacl. given time to play through problems and a season or two he could easily be a very good starting qb. i think thats wha the bombers need. not to go out and try buy a qb but to give a prospect the chance to play as the starter and develope. i want randall i personally think this guy is agreat option, but durant is a nice looking one to.

yeah, the part about Durant was not directed at you in particular, only the part about Joseph was in response to your quote. it is true that the Bombers could probably benefit from taking a prospect and giving him the chance to start and learn the game, so in that sense yes Durant would be a good option … Randall needs some work but definitely has a lot of potential, so if that’s the direction the Bombers go in he’d be a great option too

Marty York reports that Khari Jones will be re-signing with the Blue Bombers. With his job at CBC no longer existing, Jones cites long term CFL Pivot Damon Allen as his inspiration to rejoin the Bombers. Brendan Taman was quoted as saying he needed some experience to shore up the Winnipeg QB position and Jones would be that experience he's been missing since 2001.

A reliable source told Marty that Willard Reeves is next to sign on Tamans list.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did I actually type this with a straight face?????

your a funny guy. we let him retire as a blue so please no more safari jones.