good to see backup qb's getting a chance!

Well im glad to see that Kevin Eakin and Richie Williams get a chance to play against Winnipeg. I think we need to see what they can do before we decide to get rid of them. I think Jason Maas will either be starter next year once again or slotted for the No.2 position if we find someone who is better. That would leave kevin eakin and richie williams slated for third spot if we decide to even keep them...depending on how these last two games play out.

We have nothing to lose but to look forward to next year. I dont think Marcel Desjardins will accept anything less then 100% which is something im looking forward to. This guy means business and if we can get a solid head coach next year like a Don Matthews i think we will be a hell of a lot better.

Lets go out and enjoy the last game of the season at home and honour pigskin pete for the years he has given us and lets be optimistic for next year and know that we can only get better.

EAT EM RAW!!!

oshawaguy said

I don't think Marcel Desjardins will accept anything less then 100%
which is something im looking forward to. This guy means business.

So why hasn't this guy cut the players
who he thinks 'tanked'on their team-mates
way back early in the season, then?

Marcel is good at is talking the talk
but he's not walking the walk, oshawaguy.

Let's give the guy a chance. He has already stated that he is going to see what we have for himself and then work with the "New Head Coach" to fill the roster!

And yes, it's good that we are giving Eakin and Williams a chance!

Eakin had a 400 yard passing game last year, so the man can play.He and Williams will do just fine in the last two games of the season.Ijust hope we don't have to go to our third string quarterback.
Pat Lynch (the old guy in section 7 )

Pat Lynch says,
"Eakin had a 400 yard passing game last year, so the man can play.He and Williams will do just fine in the last two games of the season.I just hope we don't have to go to our third string quarterback.
Pat Lynch (the old guy in section 7 )"

That is a fantastic line--I wish I would have thought of it!!! Thanks, Boxer

You guys will have a long off season if you dont accept the fact that Maas WILL be the starter again next season .

Im sure Maas wishes that he could of been the starter after a whole week off . Its been a long season with very little time off so players havent had a chance to rest nagging injuries like ALL the other teams have had !!!! The schedule was pure bull**** this season . They owe us big time . I cant believe Young let them get away with this !!!!

Sh!t happens, alot of teams have b!tched about the schedule. But the CFL was stuck with it with Ottawa getting dumped so late in the year.

So they make ONE team suffer because of it ? I see BC wasnt the team that suffered eh ? I wonder if Braley had anything to do with that ??

The Leos didn't suffer? Oh please, they played one game in 29 days...they could have let it kill 'em, but they didn't. They won the game they needed to win.

The schedule is not why the Ti-Cats season was so bad...the problems lay elsewhere.

Based on performance......no.

What makes you think he will?
His decision making , ...his throwing ability...his grip on the ball?

What?????
Let me guess ...how well he did in Edmonton. BIG FAT YAWN.

Who Cares a good chance all three of these QB's will be history come next year. I would have given Mass the last two starts to prove he can be a starting QB for this team next year after the dreadful year they have had.

The jury may still be out on him with the injuries and complete turmoil of the team this year. This isn't like playing out the string because we are in the playoffs your best players should be fighting for their jobs next year. :cowboy:

Taking for granted that each QB is GAME READY ... out of fairness, Kevin should be given the ENTIRE Game to sink, or swim. This is the ONE game where Eakin should NOT have to be looking over his shoulder ... we all know this will MOST LIKELY determine his future on this squad ... atleast give him a FAIR chance.

Naturally, the same goes for Richie Williams the final game of the season, in BC.

It appears these final two games will be used as a Battleground - to determine if either will be coming back to compete with Maas ...

As a fan, I just want to see a FAIR FIGHT.

Peace.

Cant argue with that...

Since when does pro sports have to be fair?
It's not a democracy you get the time that's given to you and its up to you to make the best of it.
If Maas played even remotely close to what he should this year Eakin wouldnt see ANY time never mind Williams.
Eakin should feel lucky he gets a quarter of play nevermind starting.

I believe you meant well, but it sounds like " we'll give you a fair trial, then we'll hang you".

Merlin.

In this context what does "fair" mean. ?
A whole game, or one half, vs. a hard defense or an easy one at home or on the road?
It seems people are under the assumption backup QBs have some kind of gawd-given right to some playing time.
They don't.

It seems people are under the assumption backup QBs have some kind of gawd-given right to some playing time. They don't.
You're right. They have the right to play when the starter is injured or not getting the job done however.

zontar, your OPINIONS notwithstanding, Eakin IS starting ... whether he FEELS lucky or not ...

FAIR, in this case, means, as I stated previously ... a WHOLE GAME ... if he digs a hole, give him a chance to get out ... an ACCURATE read is the goal, in other words.

Peace.

Exactly.
He's starting because the ball was GIVEN to him not because he earned out of a sense of "fairness" or "he deserves it" etc. etc.

The only reason he is starting is because a particular set of circumstances ocurred in his favour.All backup QBs or any backup players are at the mercy of managment or the health and play of the players ahead of them.

Eakin could be the most deserving player on earth to play and still never get on the field if not for things that are out of his control.

How many games would you say is "fair"?

I can't wait to see Williams play. I want a QB in Hamilton who can run and throw effectively, and Williams has potential in that regard. I hope he plays the whole second half against the Bombers.