Good to Go: Board approves '21 season, CFL kicks off Aug. 5

TORONTO — The Canadian Football League’s (CFL) comeback season is a “go”.

On Monday, the league’s Board of Governors voted unanimously on a 14-game regular season for its’ teams that will kick off August 5 and lead to the 108th Grey Cup on December 12 in Hamilton, Ontario.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/06/14/good-go-board-approves-21-season-cfl-kicks-off-aug-5/
1 Like

And unanimous!

1 Like

thumbs up :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Is it August yet???

“We are on track to receive all of the necessary health and safety approvals, thanks to our tireless medical advisors and staff, and the dedicated government officials who have been working with them,” Ambrosie said. “And while the outlook for fans in the stands varies from province to province, we are confident that process is also on the right track.”

The full 2021 CFL Schedule will be released tomorrow along with each CFL club’s plan for distributing tickets to season ticket holders and, where government restrictions on stadium capacity allow, ticket sales to the general public. CFL training camps are scheduled to begin on July 10.

1 Like

What great news!!! No thanks to our Federal Government by the way.....disgraceful the lack of support from them. Just cannot wait to see the teams back on the field!!

1 Like

Despite the vote, I bet Arash Madani will still be rambling on about how the season won't start on time.

3 Likes

Hooray!!! Let’s play.

1 Like

It will start on time but Id only pencil in the games after Labour Day on my calendar rather than write them down in ink. Any of the six premiers & their public health officials could prohibit games, even at the last minute, if they fear we're in a fourth wave.

2 Likes

GOSTAMPSGO!!! Time to kill somes cockroaches (sask,wpg and ham)

Great!
My prediction is that Ottawa and Edmonton will end up playing 17 games

2 Likes
2 Likes

Football time ......... Love it :grin::grin:

4 Likes

Can't wait to see Elks first season under that name!

1 Like

I wonder how long it will take the dummies in Edmonton to realize that the plural of Elk is...get ready for it...Elk. And "Elk" is actually not bad, but "Elks" is silly.

1 Like

Give your head a shake!! The team consulted a number of linguistics experts and use of Elks is fully acceptable on the same basis as Elk !!

2 Likes

1 Like

I really do not understand why you think there might be a fourth wave. The majority of people will have 2 doses of the vaccine by fall and 2 doses has been shown to be effective against even the Delta variant. Worrying about a fourth wave is totally unnecessary.

Can we talk about this week’s news?

1 Like

Yes we can only because the CFL is back baby.

Roar you Lions Roar

1 Like

Hooray! ten letters

RIDERS time for the Sociable