Good news for the LIONS

good games today in terms of competition between the teams playing, both fairly close games and all. However, I dont think it would have mattered who won today because I didnt see enough from any of the 4 teams to suggest that anybody but the Lions themselves, and perhaps the ALS, can beat the Lions.

The Als have to be way better than todays teams, andor the Lions have to shoot themselves in order to prevent a Lions victory in Winnpeg :thup:

I love the confidence but it's still early. Let's get by the Riders first.

The Riders will be a though test. I'm not at all surprised that they beat Calgary. IMO they're a better team then them (they do lack consistency though). I wanted to see BC play Saskatchewan, all this crap about how the Lions matchup better against the Stamps is a joke. The first three times we played the riders we weren't a dominating team, we were actually underachieving (2-3). The last time we played the Riders we lost because of a poor choaching decision so I wouldn't say the Riders have our number.

I think I'll be a pretty good game.

Thats all i shall echo in this post other than,

I think you BC Fans are far to high on yourselvs... or your crops...

Either or both

Thats all i shall echo in this post other than,

I think you BC Fans are far to high on yourselvs... or your crops...

Either or both[/quote

We have a reason to be high on ourselves. We finished the season with the best record in the CFL, and were by far the most dominating team in the league. Now we have to prove it in front of a nation-wide audience at BC Place that we deserve to be in Winnipeg on November 19th.

Would you be kind enough to tell me where in my post I showed arrogance?

Ill agree with you, even if you are a BC fan... lol

lol thanks :stuck_out_tongue: .For some reason I don't think we'll be as friendly when it comes to Sunday :twisted:

We wont be, dont worry about that! :lol:

We have a reason to be high on ourselves. We finished the season with the best record in the CFL, and were by far the most dominating team in the league.

Kinda sounds like the Schmoes of 89..they were what 15-3? Could history be repeating itself?

It's going to be a very interesting and exciting West Final! I think that whoever makes it out of that game will win the GC.

So basically you are saying its the Riders in 06?

I have to agree with you. This will be my Grey Cup.

the thing with the riders is they really have nothing to prove they lose, life goes on, but they win like they did against the stamps, they are heroes, beacuse as always sask is viewed as an underdog, and as an underdog the harder it is the harder they push especially whne pushed into a corner, they will come out fighting and who doesn't love an underdog . especially when we have the most loyal fans, not like most teams who have bandwagon jumpers.

so here is to a great game next weekend in bc

Was that a Saskatchewan fan calling some other fans "high on themselves"? Gimme' a break.

To all it will be fun and exciting, but I'm hoping for a runaway this time around. I go back to the Western Final of 85(for you kids out there that was the heady days of 60'000, or 59,450(lol), and Winnipeg was the big bad team who had BC's number. But that motivated the Lions, the game was at B.C. Place and the game was not a good game. The Lions D hammered the Winnipeg quarterbacks all game and played with a Rocky like attitude. This is what I expect on Sunday, nothing less for a championship game at home. Theres no excuse for loosing this game. Anyhooo...cant we all just get along,lol

Not happening, the Riders are gonna win by 6!

Hum, seems to me that that first game, BC kicked the Riders butts. As for going 2-3 for your first 5 what is your point? So was Saskatchewan after its first 5 games! I guess we were underacheiving when we beat the Lions those 2 times???

But I do think that the Riders will have a tough time against BC. Winning 4 out of 5 is a challenge and BC place will be loud.

What is the status of Glasshead? Now he not only has to worry about Perry, Schultz, Mitchell, Hunt, Jones, Jurineak, Davis maing him see stars, he has Lloyd to worry about!

I thinks that what Lion's Fans said in 2004. That being said this Lion team is far better on defence and the Rider's are their most challenging opponent.
BC Place 43,000 Final Score Lions 31 Riders 24.

Well you Rider Nation fools are all pretty high on yourselves too at least have a team thats worthy to be called #1.