Good News Bad News For The Cats

That sucks. The jury is out on Mathews.
I agree that Ham has a great D ans Spec teams.
However, to win you still need the O going.

Cats confidence just sank.

I wanted my Stamps to repeat but not this way.

I wanted Stamps vs Cats BLM vs ZC.

This ensures the Stamps repeat. However it will be bitter sweet as I will wonder " what if Zach was playing.

Unless Mathews can get going , the Cats could be the cross over team.

Oh well , a Stamps Redblacks GC will still be fun.

As I often like to say when I read or hear comments like that - "Would you please provide this week’s winning lottery numbers along with that statement, O wise sage?

I think the Cats can still make it in but yah wouldn’t it be great for the BUMCRACKS and their fans to be in it. :thup:

Isn’t Banks going to be out for a while as well with a fractured rib? Looks like the injury bug has taken a big bite on the Cats. To bad really, that have had their struggles for the past few years.
New stadium and a good football team things were looking really good, the Fans and team deserved better than what has transpired .

I’ll address all three of the above posts one by one :
first off in response to kasps:
I have to agree that the Grey Cup is now officially wide open but in reality it always was wide open although I really thought that this could finally be the year for my Cats to win it all (they still might,never say never but most likely not now) I agree with you that the Stamps,Eskimos,REDBLACKS and Argos odds have greatly improved but I would also include the Alouettes in the mix when it comes to the Cup.

secondly in response to brinhind: Thanks for the kind words and support you Stamp fans are a classy bunch and a great organization with in my estimation the best HC in the entire league. Now saying all that I do agree that the Stamps are and should be the favourites but don’t count your chickens before they hatch and declare them Champs just yet, a lot of things can still happen especially in this crazy league. I do agree with you though that it would be a crazy scenario if those REDBLACKS did the unthinkable and went to the Cup in only their 2nd season. On the thought of the Cats being the crossover team I don’t think that it will happen at worst they might fall to 3rd in the East at best but I still think that staying in 1rst is possible but it won’t be easy more likely a 2nd place finish will be where they wind up.

finally last but not least Oilrocker: Thank you for the kind words and support as for Speedy “B” although he tweeted about his ribs after the game there has been nothing official as of yet about his status but if he is injured and out it wouldn’t surprise me in the least. The injury bug has been bad all across the league for all teams all season but here in the Hammer we probably have a better lineup on the IL alone then some teams have on their regular roster unfortunately but alas it is what it is and it’s been the “next man up motto” all season long here. If Banks is out that it looks like Quincy McDuffie will be the next man up to replace him.

Tough to see yet another good QB go down with a season-ending injury. Time to see what Matthews can do.

If Reilly remembers he is a good QB and coupled with EDM’s. good defence , Calgary will have to raise their game to make and win the GC. Blowing a big lead to an inept Lions team was ugly and were fortunate the Lion’s self destructed late in the game, it could have been a disastrous upset.

BOBO, I only suggested that the Cats could be a crossover depending on if Mathews can get going.
They do have an 8 - 4 record which looks like a cushion but there is still 7 weeks left. He needs to get some wins and not let the lower teams catch and pass them.

It is my hope that he gets better as the season goes on. If this was to happen to ZC, better now then week 18.
At least Mathews has time to grow under a system he is familiar with.

I would just feel better if he had some much needed playing time during the regular season while the Cats were enjoying some blow out wins.
I will also feel better if the Cats can get some injured back. Fantuz and Grant come to mind.

You never know. Cats still might do it.
Teams have won the GC, with great D's that carry the O. 1988 and 2001 come to mind.
If the O line gives hi time, he might be a success.

Also, it is not unheard of that a back up can lead a team. ( 1973 OTT RR Jerry Keeling got hurt and Rick Cassata lead them to a cup )

I wish the Mathews and the Cats well.

Throwing the ball in late November in Winnipeg may not be great option ?. The Ticats or any team that makes the GC this year, better be able to run the ball.

Got both my Ouija Board and Crystal Ball working on it.

My wishful positive thinking helps also.

:) :thup:

Where do you come up with these names???

Arhols (which isn’t that good really. Arblows is better.)
Now BUMCRACKS?

:lol:

Do you have one for every CFL team?
Please share. This is entertaining.

Probably a Ouija board and wishful thinking. :wink:

The best thing for the Cats is Mathews has 7 weeks to get this going.

I would not judge him on that 1 disaster Edm game.

He got tossed into the fire and just was not ready.

The other thing he needs is the OL and receivers injured to return .

The Stamps game will be a good test.

If he does well, they should be ok.

If he gets blasted,( blitzed, sacked , incompletes for 2 and outs and interceptions ) could hurt his confidence the rest of the way.