Good move by Miller and Bombers

Nice community development move by Bombers and Wade Miller

Testing the waters, eh ? We’ll see if they’re biting today.

Well hopefully there are more Bomber fans than those two participating in the narrative. Surely we can post a non negative story without being labelled a troll.

I do think it is a good move by the Bombers and Miller? What about you Dan?

I was not calling you a troll. Please remember that. AND i do agree that it is a good idea. Anything to get some more young fans is a good idea.

Wonder how many young fans will be going to the NFL exhibition game at what I’m hearing is $200 per seat.

Miller must think everyone makes $450,000 like him.

Predicting a flop.

Best case scenario as mentioned on the WBB forum is that 30,000 Americans come up to watch their team play spending lots of money while they are at it.

That would be win win.

Still don’t get how the Bombers get revenue from the stadium rental. Shouldn’t that go to Triple B who ever they are.

Have posts been deleted from this thread? I’m reading that the Blue Bombers are giving away footballs (hopefully Canadian ones) to kids and then I’m seeing comments about some exhibition NFL game.

???

An earlier thread on the Bombers and the NFL exhibition game was deleted. The one on the main forum is gone as well.

I assumed the footballs have already been given out and thought there was no more to add to that thread subject. The alternative of starting a new thread that I would likely be the only poster posting on seemed hardly worth it.

I chose this thread because it is was Wade Miller related imo although I don’t for a second think the money for the footballs ever came out of Wade Millers pocket and find it odd that he is given such credit for the program, but whatever.

Odd how you dug through the list and chose this one to comment about. Plenty of other football related threads and posts to choose from. Hopefully this is something you can live with.

I notice your post count has slowed down considerably.

Going to try the fantasy league this year thanks to your efforts to try and encourage participation last season. Not sure if I understand it but don’t think I like the idea that getting 10 others to sign up raises your salary cap by $10,000. Seems almost like getting paid to supply names to a mailing list. $10,000 extra is almost like a free Mike Reilly every week.

Not trying to tick you off or make you mad. I think your a good sports fan and previously enjoyed reading your posts before you stopped posting. If your offended I apologize but I am entitled and committed to my position. I am a Bomber fan.

Not odd at all. I checked into the Blue Bomber forum and this was the second thread from the top. But it seemed a bit disjointed so I was confused.

I notice your post count has slowed down considerably.
Don't worry. It will resume climbing rapidly now that the CFL season is about to begin!
Going to try the fantasy league this year thanks to your efforts to try and encourage participation last season. Not sure if I understand it but don't think I like the idea that getting 10 others to sign up raises your salary cap by $10,000. Seems almost like getting paid to supply names to a mailing list. $10,000 extra is almost like a free Mike Reilly every week.
Don't worry.
  1. For me to get credit for signing you up you have to respond to a “sign-up” email of mine from Fantasy.

2. I’ve not been using those and I’ve had zilch success in getting anybody but The WOMAN to sign up by whatever means in the last three years.

3. I don’t get any credit for inducing people to join all the Leagues I’ve set up. The reason I’ve been beating the drum trying to get more membership for my Bomber fan friendly Leagues such as Stegall’s Soup Kitchen, Just Plain Kenny!, Jacks and Indians, Lincolns and Locomotives and Blink! is just because. It’s frustrating and disheartening to set up a cool sounding League and getting next to nobody joining. So please join!

:slight_smile:

There was also a related comment about young fans that tied in with my question of how many young fans will be going to see the NFL exhibition game at $200 per pop.

I’ll have to check your posts about the fantasy leagues. all I see is the one on TSN so far.

None of the links I posted in the fantasy thread to my Leagues work anymore. I’ll have to repost links.

You can of course just join those Leagues from the Fantasy website of course.

:slight_smile:

Just had a look at Ticketmaster. The “cheap” seats in the upper corners are largely gone but the big hitters in the middle and down low don’t appear to be too popular. At 350-400/pop, that's a lot of scratch. Even converted to US for the well-traveled fans south of the border, that’s around $285 (plus hotels, airfare, food and bev, etc). I wonder if there’s a little sweat forming on the brows inside Bomberland watching the blue dots not disappear on the seating plan?

Quite honestly, I like the initiative. But those prices might be a tad much.

The Bombers have come up with some interesting ideas here:

[b]Nissan Pre-game sideline experience[/b] 50 season ticket members will get the ultimate pre-game sideline experience
[b]Part of the team intro[/b] Run out of the tunnel ahead of the players team introductions
[b]Honourary team captains[/b] Four season ticket members each game will be named honourary team captains and walk out on the field for the coin toss prior to kick-off
[b]Post-game press conference[/b] See what it’s like to be in the Canada Life press room after the game listening to the coach’s post-game press conference
[b]Benchwarmers[/b] During each Blue Bombers home game, select season ticket members will watch warm-ups from the Blue Bombers bench.
https://www.bluebombers.com/game-day-experiences

Checked Ticketmaster for NFL ticket availability, oh oh…
Lots and lots and lots of tickets left, I’m smelling trouble. I’d say 7-8k sold, best case. Entire sections with maybe five sold…
Of course as Owners of The Team we will never know what the deal is, but at this rate the next time WAD issues some paper he refers to as “financial Statements”, I’m seeing red.

Bombers not an official sponsor and only involvement is the stadium rental is the story I hear. Would be curious to know if it is a set fee or attendance related but thinking those numbers will closely guarded. Maybe they can save it with a big 50/50.

What happens if the promoter goes broke? Either way an odd idea that learned nothing from Toronto hosting NFL games. Buy a cheap seat and sit anywhere looks like a plan.

For those that do plan to go hopefully they have a good time and feel their money was well spent. To each their own.