Good luck Vernon Adams tonight

VA is a highly overrated QB after watching him in the last 2 games it's easy to see why Montreal moved on, he has no precents in the pocket and panics instead of finding his check down. On no less than 10 occasions he got happy feet while his check-down receiver was wide open and uncovered. The difference between him and Calgary's QB was obvious, Calgary's QB had no problem with pressure and VA panicked every time a defensive player got a little close.

Well he had a bad game for sure but letā€™s see what transpires in the next couple of games.

If the Lions just want Adams to be a pocket passer, they wasted a first-round pick. If they actually play to his strengths in an RPO offense and give him the green light to pull the ball down and run, he'll be fine. But coaches love their pocket-passers. Even Damon Allen needed the right coach tailoring an offense to his strengths to succeed.

do not underestimate how difficult it is to join a new team and offence mid season (as a starting leader of the offence no less) after not playing for an extended period of time, especially joining an offence designed around a much superior and different quarterback.

3 Likes

My problem is his lack of ability to go through his progression, he has happy feet and that is never a good thing for a quarterback, go watch a replay of Rourke playing, same pressure but goes through his progression before he decides to run. It looks like VA is getting his feet going as soon as the ball is snapped.

1 Like

I loved Adams when he took over as the starter. His scrambling and broken play ability are arguably the best in the league. But the more I watched the more nervous I became....too many jump-ball passes ( luckily to the best receiving corps in the league) and poor decision making plays. I wish him all the best, when heā€™s not playing the Als.

2 Likes

With Nathan Rourke seemingly destined to sign an NFL contract in the offseason, the Lions have an experienced option for next season. Adams Jr. has a $151,500 hard money total for 2023, which is backup money in the CFL. That can give co-general managers Rick Campbell and Neil McEvoy flexibility at the most important position in football.

1 Like

was just making a new thread about this but saw you used this one.

anyways these are the details

While playing for the Lions in 2022, Adams Jr. earns a prorated $95,000 base salary, $2,777.77 per game when heā€™s the starting QB and $666.66 in housing with each game cheque. The five-foot-11, 200-pound pivot received a $190,000 signing bonus last December and had been due to make $445,000 this year with Montreal until his deal was reworked.

Adams Jr. is under contract for the 2023 season. Heā€™s currently slated to collect a $25,000 active roster bonus on February 15 and earn a $113,000 base salary with an additional $13,500 in housing. The dual-threat passer has a chance to pocket $11,111.11 per game for being the starting QB and $1,388.88 per game for playing 51 percent or more of the offensive plays, while 20 or more touchdown passes unlocks a $25,000 bonus.

i honestly think that unless he makes enough of a recovery to return for this season, Rourke wonā€™t play another down in the CFL. and i am doubtful of him returning, despite the recent hype.

https://twitter.com/Ted_Wyman/status/1580992375908073472

yes i saw that. i still donā€™t think itā€™s going to happen but i hope he proves me wrong. like Farhan says, there probably just isnā€™t enough time left

https://twitter.com/DonnieandDhali/status/1580687324819570688?s=20&t=sAWsmmIFmCflKqZdYM4sxQ

Considering heā€™s been out I kinda thought he would be in the cfl again next year since the nfl teams donā€™t have a whole season to go on. Time will tell I guess.

there is enough on tape already for NFL teams. i hope heā€™s back with Lions next year. but iā€™m being pessimistic-realistic.

Ted Wyman re-tweets his tweet

https://twitter.com/Ted_Wyman/status/1581002481383145472

1 Like

I hope your right about next year but like you have my fingers are crossed. I realize there is tape but no tape on the 2nd half of the season to see if the opposing defences have figured him out and are slowing him down. Thatā€™s why I made the comment.

1 Like

Hope heā€™s right

He had a terrific game vs Ottawa, but
BC is using him as an rpo qb and he had several strong runs out of the pocket.

Also BC has the best offensive depth in the backfield & Receiver in the league except for maybe Winnepeg. Talent make a QB better

1 Like