Good Luck Coach Tim Burke

Sorry to burst your little world there Ro but T Burke did not have a contract so he was free to go. I guess you have that denial disease.

Sorry to burst your bubble but

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=newser&func=display&topicnum=&nid=22509&writer=0]http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=news ... 9&writer=0[/url]
The Als were granted permission by Calgary to interview Burke, as The Gazette recently reported.
If he was not undercontract, the Als would not need permission, would they?

What the story does not tell you is that he was interviewed by the new DC and was going to be retained but got a better job offer. So they let him have permission to talk with the Als. No big deal was he the HC of the Championship team no. He was a line backer coach. Wo the Stamps are in big trouble we do not have a linebacker coach yet. Your pathetic rider wanna be.

And there it is.....Losing the argument so the name calling starts

You just said he was not under contract, now you say it was no be deal because the stamps
did not win the cup!

If they they gave the Als permision, he was undercontract.This issue is not whether or not the Stamps are in trouble(nice way to try to change the subject)
If he was undercontract he turned his back on the fans.....If it applies to Austin, it applies to Burke.
The fact that Burke did not win the cup does not excuse him. If anything, it excuses Austin.....His work was done!

I wonder what the next excuse will be?

http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Sport_et_loisirs/patin-a-glace-128432.gif

You do realise that besides being hypocritcal, you are contradicting yourself.
Burke was under contract. Or maybe he wasn’t. Pick one.
So now your story is that the essence of the Austin affair was because he won the Grey Cup.
So had the Riders lost to the Stamps in the semi, Burke would be taking the heat and it would have been perfectly fine for Austin to leave…

You really need to try leaving your hatred of everything Riders at home…at least once in awhile…when forming your opinions…

Anyway, the Stamps ARE in big trouble.
But it isn’t a lack of a linebacker coach that makes it so…I have them penciled in to fight tooth and nail with the Smoes this year for the cross over (last in the West).

I’m totally disappointed , but not surprised by you, 05. You told me in the Austin Gone thread that I did not need to insult, yet here you are doing that very thing in this thread. Your hypocrisy is getting you in deeper and deeper. I would toss you a rope for you to get out of the hole you are in, but you would only use it to hang yourself.

Burke was going to sign on as linebacker coach but the stamps gave him the opportunity to talk with the Als. There is a big difference and if you can not figure it out then maybe one of your little rider buddies can help you understand it. The fact is Austin won a GC as a HC. Tim Burke was a temp DC for the Stamps. Obviously the STamps did not think highly of his skills because guess what they filled the job with someone else. He was offered the linbacker coaching job and the opportunity for a better job appeared. Losing a linebacker coach Ro is not the same as losing a GC championship HC.

Okay if Burke was under contract and bolted to another team he is a low life does that make you feel better. The fact is as mentioned to your twin Ro. There is a big difference between the 2 individuals imprtance to their respective teams. Burke because he was available Huf offered a job to him. If he had a contract the ink was not even dry yet. Losing Burke must be important to your eyes vs losing Austin. Just maybe the Riders should have gone after Burke for the HC job if he is that good in your eyes. :lol: :lol: :lol: TIM Burke Head Coach of the Riders!~ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If he wasn't under contract, the Als would not have required permission to talk to him.

No there is no difference between the 2
It doesnt matter how dry the ink was, he was under contract.

I could not care less that you lost Burke, or that he came to Montreal…
I am showing the hyprocray in chastizing someone for doing something…and praising someone esle for doing the EXACT SAME THING!

The fact of the matter is, your problem is its the Riders, You will knock anything the riders do, anything a riderfan says, and countlessly contradict yourself in the process

Your attitude towards them is well known, I suggest you get over it

Most assistant coaches in the CFL are on 1 year contracts, which generally run until the end of February. But once the season is over there's not much work for them to do until the new year. So unless they are going to be retained, they start looking for another position. I think giving permission is only a formality with assistant coaches if, as most of them are, on one year contracts.

Once the contract is over, permission in not required,
The fact that the Als asked, shows that Burke was under contract

...but according to '05, a contract is still a contract, and should be iron clad...if permission was needed, a contract was in place...

Thanks DB it appears some people do not get that concept.

The fact of the matter is, 05, is that the Als needed permission to talk to Burke, so that means only one thing-- he was still under contract. You can split hairs all you want, the bottom line is Burke abandoned ship, plain and simple, it is that concept that you seem to apply to some but not others.

I disagree with the fact that there is “not much” work to be done before the start of next season. A good coach, wether it be a head coach or an assistant, will work toward improving his team’s performance on the field year round. It may involve looking at game films, evaluating players, meetings with other coaches. Just because the season is over on the field does not necessarily mean that the coaches’ job is finished.

OKay Sambo who is more important to their respective teams:

Austin the GC champion head Coach

or

T Burke who filled in from his linebacker coach job.

The fact of the matter here is you had a winning coach leave he got permission to leave but he had 2 years remaing on his contract.

Burke who was let go and then invited back as a linebacker coach left for a better position with the Als. The problem here is Burke will not be missed where as Austin will be missed. I do not know how I can simplify it any further.

Importance to the team is irrelevant.
If Austin turned his back on the fans, then Burke turned his back as well.

I don't know how I can simplify it any further.

only in your mind! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still trying to avoid the issue , eh 05? I’m going to have to simply things myself here–so you can finally understand. There are only two choices here:

1. Both coaches abandoned their teams
    or
  2. Both left for better opprotunities elsewhere

it doesn’t matter that one was a HC and the other an assistant. So which is it 05?

Right Sambo you keep saying that over and over and you just might start believing it. So again you avoid my question who is more important to their respective team a GC champion HC or a Line backer coach. And then say to me that the Riders are better off with out Austin and the Stamps are going to suffer due to a line backer coach leaving. Keeep repeating Austin is gone Austin is gone the Riders are better off. Ya right.