Good little article from the Toronto Sun

A good small piece written up in the Toronto Sun:

Rock's efforts buoy Argo

[i]Ray Fontaine brightened on Saturday night when he was told that the Toronto Rock would be donating $1,000 for each goal it scored in its game against the Rochester Knighthawks to relief efforts in Haiti.

"That's fantastic, great news," Fontaine said not long after returning a phone call to the Toronto Sun.

The 29-year-old Argonauts linebacker was born in Ottawa, but both of his parents are from Haiti and, understandably, the family has been through an array of emotions since an earthquake hit the Caribbean nation on Jan. 12.

The godfather to Fontaine's sister is missing, as are many Fontaine cousins, aunts and uncles. There had been some contact with relatives after the quake struck 12 days ago, but when another earthquake rocked the area on Wednesday morning, some relatives again were missing.

"We have been hoping for the best and preparing for the worst, unfortunately," Fontaine said. "With the second earthquake, we don't know what's going on.

"It's very concerning, not just for my family, but for anybody who has been affected by this."

The desire on Fontaine's part to return to Haiti to help has been palpable, even though he has not been to his parents' homeland since the 1980s.

"As soon as I heard the news, I had a huge urge to go to Haiti to help," he said.

FUNDRAISING

But with family matters and a couple of new businesses in Toronto, Fontaine has been able to aid in fundraising activities here. Through a couple of business ventures, Fontaine hopes to raise more money for relief efforts.

Another Argo with roots in Haiti, receiver Obed Cetoute, has family members who suffered minor injuries in the initial earthquake. Cetoute, however, did lose several friends in the disaster. [/i]

By TERRY KOSHAN, TORONTO SUN - January 24, 2010

Are the Argos going to match this...maybe donate a couple hundred bucks for every two-and-out?

...what, and bankrupt the team?....doubt it...

They can always ask Braley to put up half of the donation. :wink: