Good Game Peg!

Season series is split. So there is doubt.
The Leos did what it took to win and congrats to them.
The Big Blue will bounce back and are far from worried. Nuff said.
I’m happy for Leos fans cause great football is just that.
RLR I take exception to. You are a troll and a mental midget. Work on the social skills buddy!

Again, congrats Leos. See you at the Grey Cup!
Going to be great!!

Cheers

No griping on that play…that was a fumble.
Forward progress was not stopped.

Congrats again Lions. The difference in the game, the two goal line stands and putting points up off the turnovers, that's what good teams do.

I'm glad the Lions won this one, because it is next to impossible for any team to beat another 3 times in one season. :wink:

Also, this was a very physical game, both sides had a lot of guys on the limp throughout this one. The weather was simply brutal, I believe I heard DD on the sideline say "let's get the f... out of here", my thoughts exactly after the game.

A dome would sure be nice and might cut down on some of the injuries, especially, strains and pulls brought on by cold, wet conditions. I think I pulled a groin just getting up to take a squirt. :wink:

See ya in TO Lions.

At this time, BC is clearly the best team in the CFL. Simply, the best team is the one with the most victories. The best measure is the regular season because winning 18 games is harder than winning 2-3 games for the Grey cup.

Maybe because there’s enough of you guys saying it over and over again. Why would we bother?

Not quite right “A-with an S on the end and an riu in between” or how ever that went. Floyd ripped it right out of Charlie’s hands , the two were fighting for the Ball and Otis won. So Roberts did not actually fumble .But you are right forward progress was not stopped , no one had Charlie wrapped up and it was conceivable that he could have broken free on second effort and squirted in for the TD still at that point which is what the refs were watching for.

That’s a situation were IMO Joe Smith would have been a better back in , he would have been able to keep that ball and pushed into the endzone.

Very good game by the Bombers IMO . I won't come on here and say it was never in doubt , because for me it sure was in doubt for most of the second half as Glenn was really coming on and completing passes at will then. A real nail biter if you ask me .

But at he same time BigU saying that the Bombers played better is hogwash too . The Bombers played better in the second half , BC played better in the first half. All 60 minutes counted including the first half ,BigU . The fact that BC scored 6 more points indicates they played just a little bit better to get those extra points. That is why they got the W .

Good game....great finish. Roberts spin move on the last play of the drive was incredible but also a great heads-up move by Floyd to strip the ball.

… :lol: sounds like D.D.might have added with his his little comment…‘we kinda stole this one’ i know people suffering with concussions can be very adversely affected by the cold…making them all the more dizzier…I agree pigseye bout the stadium…sure can be brutal sometimes…when you get rain,cold, and wind all combined…Hopefully Asper will correct this problem… :wink: :thup:

Piggy, you were reading my mind! (Weather, Dome stadiums! :lol: :lol: )

Lets do this again in Toronto in November! :wink:

A dome would sure be nice and might cut down on some of the injuries, especially, strains and pulls brought on by cold, wet conditions. I think I pulled a groin just getting up to take a squirt. :wink:

Some Lion fans are kinda wierd, don’t yah think, P–with a W at the end and enn in the middle.
Someone tries to create controversy where there is none by questioning a key call by the refs and I point out the call was correct, but that isn’t quite good enough.
Rather you want to distinguish between a “fumble” and having the ball “ripped” out by another player.
Well guess what my detail hungry friend.
That was a “fumble”.
All you are doing is describing how the fumble occured.
It was a great play by the Lions to create that turn over. Possibly a game saver.
As for Joe Smith being a better back in that situation, as I pointed out elsewhere, Charles Roberts has been money inside the 5 his entire career.
When Joe Smith puts up consistant results even bordering on how good Charles Roberts has in his career you can maybe talk about him being better in some way.
The fact of the matter is, Joe Smith is having a terrific season–might be the West MVP-- but Charles Roberts is a better back–even inside the 5…

Joe has accomplished in half a season what Charles has been playing for his entire CFL career, and could win MOP in his first full year in this league.

He's on pace to be a better back than Charles, and has the hardware to prove it.

Bombers played terrible in the first half. Way too many mistakes. They have to learn to play the whole game. If they played in the first half how they did in the second, it would have been a different story.

That being said good teams play for the whole 60 min and BC played to the best of their ability all game.

The Bombers better learn to play pedal to the metal from the first play onwards. If they do that, they will beat anyone. If they keep trying to win in the second half, they're going to fall on their faces come playoff time.

Joe Smith better than Charles Roberts. He's played good, but only for half a season. Roberts has been the best for years. It's that kind of consistancy that makes a player the best.

Charles is my second favourite running back in the CFL. He's small, quick and very deceptive. Really love watching him tear it up, just not against the Lions :wink:

What has Smith accomplished exactly that Roberts has been trying for his entire career?

And to say he’s on pace to be a better back is simple self-centered ego.

It’s called a Grey Cup ring. Heard of it?

You mean Smith won that all by himself? Gee and here I thought it was a team game. Wow. Was he the only one to get a ring? Must've really ticked off the other players on the team.

Right RLR. Stegall doesn't have a ring, but he's still the best receiver in the CFL history.

homer? wouldn’t that mean I am a bomber fan? I’m not . Don’t even like them much but I try to call them as I see them. The Lions played well for about 10 minutes of the entire game. The key was those minutes included two goalline stands and three TD’s. The Bombers played well for a full half. Otherwise, both teams looked good enough to lose to Hamilton. The Bombers played the better game overall but the Lions won. That happens. And it is a testament to the Lions ability that they took advantage of every opportunity they had.

Hey A with an S etc… not trying to make a big deal out of that play , ok? Call it a fumble then if that’s what it is to you . My only comment about Smith vs Roberts was about this one play in particular , I think Joe would have made the TD there , being as big and strong as he is , that’s all.
I was agreeing with you actually.