Golf season 2024

Hadwin was the only :canada: Canadian of the 5 to make the cut
Tied 5th at -20

2 Likes

Hadwin had a good finish,
Tied 6th cashed in on $310K and 92 FEDEX points
:eyes:
The story of the tournament was
Amateur Nick Dunlap(a), He won the tournament shooting -29!!
He got the trophy, but not the money
As an amateur he could not get the 1st place money which was $1.5M!!! and the 300 precious FedEx points
that went to the 2nd place golfer

On the Ladies side
:canada: Brooke Henderson finished 3rd in a Florida tournament cashing a cheque for $120K

2 Likes

Little ridiculous he can’t get the money. Someone get this guy a NIL deal.

Having said that he’ll be ok in the long run. The guy will be heard from again.

First time since 1991. Crazy.

1 Like

Amateurs must declare themselves pro prior to being eligible for cash which has always been the rule. On most occasions, including the Masters, an amateur would never even make the field in the first place if they were pro as they wouldn’t qualify. Look for this guy to turn pro soon. First amateur since Phil in 1991 to win a PGA tournament, although that is a lot easier now with some 30 of the world’s top golfers not permitted to compete.

Good tournament for Brooke as well who faced no such watering down in what was the LPGA Tournament of Champions. At one point I believe she was within 2 strokes of the lead in her title defence, but Ko was just too strong this week. Brooke looking to bounce back from an off year by her standards.

2 Likes

:canada: Taylor Pendrith was the top Canadian and finished T9th -9 today
Cashed a cheque for $236,250 and got 73 fedex points

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: PGA Tour vs LIV Golf

Some nasty weather in California today

Play has been suspended at AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am.

R4 has been postponed until Monday, Feb. 5., with tee times starting between 8-10:25 am PT

Update
4th round cancelled due to weather
Tournament concluded after 3 rounds

On to Phoenix Arizona for the Superbowl golf week
This is the tournament where the fans make noise when the players are shooting

3 Likes

How dare such golf fans make noise when the players are shooting. :slight_smile:

A post was merged into an existing topic: PGA Tour vs LIV Golf

Nick Taylor :canada: just shot a 60 in the Phoenix tournament and he leads with - 11 . and leads by 5 strokes .

3 Likes

so cool

4 Likes

It’s like the Giraffe Mafia are in the house, or more like THEIR house.

Look at the second one with the stare-down action:
“HEY! YEAH YOU! WTF you lookin’ at!?”

2 Likes

I have dodged alligators on sub tropical golf courses but never giraffes.

2 Likes

:canada:
:golf:
:trophy:

Nick Taylor on the 2nd extra hole

:moneybag:
$1.584M

Amazingly His two-hole playoff came after he had already played 30 holes Sunday after the tournament was delayed several times throughout the week due to rain and frost. He actually began the day with two bogeys in his first three holes to end the front nine of his third round.
“It was a marathon day,” Taylor said. “We signed our scorecard after the third round, and I had eight minutes to go to the tee. I don’t know if that riled me a little bit, but it was just a long day. Again, to find my swing a bit the last nine or ten holes and make some birdies was incredible.”

3 Likes

OH CANADA !!! Congrats to Charlie Hoffman who played great as well . Canadian golf is truly on the rise :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I’ll add the now available Bob Weeks article which provides some more depth.

2 Likes

Don’t know if any of you heard about it, but for the first time ever the Phoenix Open stopped alcohol sales and closed the course to new admissions on Saturday afternoon. there are routinely 200,000 fans in attendance on the weekend and sheer number of fans has never been an issue and neither has selling alcohol been an issue.

I guess it was worse this year than it ever has been. Several players complained about the noise and lack of respect given to them when trying to hit a shot.

2 Likes
1 Like

A nice story by Bob weeks on Canada’s Nick Taylor.