Gold Helmet Stripes?

You're not alone in liking the all black uniform, but I've never been a fan. My favourite uniform is the black jersey, gold pants, and gold helmet. But if it has to be a black helmet, I'd like to see it with the stripe.

I'm with you on that.

I'm in the black helmet, one yellow stripe camp. This should have been a poll.

It was a poll. Can you not vote anymore?

He may be thinking a more general "Which helmet should we go with?" poll with more options:

• Black with no stripes
  • Black with yellow stripe
  • Black with yellow and white stripes
  • Gold/yellow with no stripes
  • Gold/yellow with black stripe
  • Gold/yellow with black and white stripes

Maybe two polls would work better. First, black or gold helmets, then once the base colour is decided, a second poll about the stripes.

But there does seem to be a majority saying that, given that we're going with a black helmet, they would to see a gold stripe on it, possibly with a white accent stripe.

He may be thinking a more general "Which helmet should we go with?" poll with more options:

• Black with no stripes
  • Black with yellow stripe
  • Black with yellow and white stripes
  • Gold/yellow with no stripes
  • Gold/yellow with black stripe
  • Gold/yellow with black and white stripes

Maybe two polls would work better. First, black or gold helmets, then once the base colour is decided, a second poll about the stripes.

But there does seem to be a majority saying that, given that we're going with a black helmet, they would to see a gold stripe on it, possibly with a white accent stripe.

EDIT: Would we need a home vs. away option for the colour of helmet? Also, would it depend on the uniform worn? A gold helmet would look good with the black jersey and gold pants, but maybe not with the white or black pants. Would the gold stripe on the black helmet look right with the all black uniform? I think so, but maybe not the white accent stripes.

So maybe the criteria would have to be to have the best looking helmet that goes well with all the various uniform combinations the team uses. Given this, I'm thinking the black helmet with a single gold stripe. Is having multiple helmets an option? Other teams do it, don't they?

I don't know if the right choice would be the best colour co-ordinated one.

Perhaps more importantly would be visiblity - can the QB better 'see' his receivers downfield based on the colour of the uniform/helmet? Whatever makes it more likely that we win would be the best option in my opinion.