Going to the game?

If like me you are going to the game - here is some info you might find useful.

Some of the THF changes for this season. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwjDFC7GYZQ

Weather - perfect summer night with mid 20 temps at game time and almost no chance of rain. Sunglasses may come in handy for those of us sitting on the east side.

Get there early - If the pre-season game was any indication the new security measures where everybody gets wanded with metal detectors really slows things down getting into the stadium. And with a Saturday 7:30PM start there should be no excuses for arriving at the last minute which may result in you missing a good chunk of the first quarter. So consider yourselves warned :slight_smile:

This from the Ti-Cats

PREGAME GATHERING IN THE STIPLEY AT 6 P.M. - Eager to get into the stadium and soak in the atmosphere? The Pioneer Gate (Gate 1) and FirstOntario Gate (Gate 2) will open 90 minutes before the game (6 p.m.) for a pregame gathering in The Stipley. Enjoy music, beverages in the shadow of the newly relocated Touchdown Whistle and some old fashioned BBQ eats, courtesy of the Stipley Smokehouse. At 6:30 p.m., the stadium opens and guests can make their way to their seats.

GATES OPEN AT 6:30 P.M. - Per Tim Hortons Field security protocol, security wanding will be in effect at all stadium gates. Please remember to remove the contents of your pockets, including your phone, and have your game tickets ready for presentation to reduce wait times to enter.

F1RST-IN-GOAL GIVEAWAY AT GATE 2 - The first 5,000 fans that enter the stadium through the FirstOntario Gate (Gate 2) will receive a foam football helmet, courtesy of FirstOntario Credit Union. Arrive early for the pregame gathering in The Stipley to ensure you get a helmet!

ENTER GATE 5 FOR A CHANCE TO WIN - Simply enter through the brand new TELUS Gate (Gate 5) for a chance to win 1-of-4 autographed Ticats jerseys and Samsung tablets, courtesy of TELUS.
FLY TO VANCOUVER WITH THE TAKE FLIGHT WITH THE TICATS CONTEST - Want to win a trip out to BC to watch the Tiger-Cats take on the Lions at BC Place on Friday, September 22? Simply log on to the free WiFi at Tim Hortons Field on gameday to be entered for a chance to win this once in a lifetime trip, courtesy of the John C. Munroe Hamilton International Airport.

HALFTIME CONCERT - Stay in your seats at halftime! The Glorious Sons will be rocking out on the Coors Light Patio, presented by The Hamilton Spectator

FAMILIES ON THE FIELD - At the conclusion of the game, fans will be welcomed onto the turf at Tim Hortons Field to play in the footsteps of their Black & Gold idols. Families on the Field, presented by Summer Fresh, provides children with an exclusive and memorable opportunity, whether it's tossing around a football with mom or taking photos at the 55-yard line with dad. Families on the Field begins 15 minutes after the conclusion of the game and wraps up 35 minutes after the final whistle.

Saturday night in the Hammer at Tim Hortons Field. Home opener with a forecast for a perfect summer night for football. Definitely going to the game!

Not going to this one but I did win tickets for the next game on the 20th! :smiley:
I usually purchase parking but discovered today that it's all sold out so I'm looking for options (I know many homes in the area provide parking). Will arrive early enough to grab a bite to eat somewhere nearby (ate at Boston Pizza when attending the Labour Day game so it'a a possible destination. Wondered about leaving our vehicle somewhere in that parking lot and taking the bus (it's just a bit too far to walk for us . Any suggestions re:parking would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds like there'll be plenty going on tomorrow night for the home opener. For those of you attending - ENJOY!!!

check the free hsr schedule ... many buses going to the game from various spots in the city.

we take the free bus from limeridge mall to the game.

If you're going to the BP at Centre Mall I'm pretty sure they provide a shuttle.

Right now, we are the Least of the East, A big win tonight will change everything.

That would be ideal. I'd even take a city bus from there if there's one that runs along Barton. It's been MANY years since I used the HSR and then it was usually from Mac to downtown - not out in the east end.