Going to the game on Wednesday

Hello everyone, first time user of the board here. I will introduce myself as a diehard fan of the Leos for over 25 years. Living in Calgary which makes it tough to get to games in BC Place, but dont miss a single game at McMahon Stadium, and that includes this coming Wednesday. The last two years have been heartbreaking to say the least, but a new season with more roster questions at key positions than there has been in recent memory has me intrigued, excited and of course a little nervous about the 09 Season.

I am looking forward to watching three areas in particular when I watch the Lions take the field on Wednesday night, and up to opening day:

1. Who will take charge and show the offence they want to take reps while carrying the football....

2. Who on the defence will step up to take a leadership role with all the changes in the offseason...

3. Will Buck Pierce show that now is the time that he be taken seriously as a legitimate #1 QB...

For the record, I feel that this football team can, and will showthe West that they are still a team to be reckoned with and can battle for a home playoff game in the fall.

I look forward to discussing our favorite football team with everyone else on this board this season, and will report back on what I see at the game on Wednseday.

I won't be making the trek to Calgary on Wednesday, but I do find myself in the same boat here in Saskatchewan... Come July 3rd I'll be at Mosaic Stadicum wearing the the Orange and White with pride!

Nice! I have gone to one game there, back when it was still Taylor Field, and we won it on a last play field goal, I believe it was the only lead we had all day! No matter what anyone says, thats a great place to watch a football game, especially when the Lions win! If you hear of tix that come available for the opening game that night, let me know, a few of us here have thought of making the trek.

A fellow Lions fan in SK..Nice. I have been to two games at Mosiac since I moved here recently, both were wins. It was nice have the Lions silence these crazy fans...which is not easy to do. Hope they do the same on Wednesday.