Going to Calgary

I'm driving to Calgary for the game in Calgary (as part of a week-end golf trip) with three of my friends and I was wondering how many more Rider fans are making the trip?

My sister lives there and in April she had 6 people booked to stay with her this week-end just for the Calgary game.

From what I've heard a vast majority of McMahon will be Green as most Rider away games are ESPECIALLY in McMahon Stadium.

.......and you'd be misinformed.....whoever is telling you that is exagerating......look Jer, I go to the games and yes there are Rider fans there and you see green colours and you hear pretty decent cheer volumes when Sask does something good, but it isn't a SEA of green and they don't DROWN OUT the stampeder fans......it's all good but be sensible my friend......

I've heard the whole green thing at McMahon stadium too. I'm quite skeptical about it and will get to see for myself on Saturday.

I can't wait to get there.

…don’t get me wrong, the riders are the biggest non-stamp fan base at a McMahon game, there are more rider fans at a rider-stamp game than there are eskimos fans at the labour day classic, but it’s not like it’s overwhelming or anything…there are pockets of rider faithful here and there, maybe folks who have made the trip and bought group seating and also local groups of ex-saskatchewan residents, but it’s not like you could say 'wow, I feel like I’m sitting at Taylor Feild"…

…anyway, I hope your trip here roughy is a great one and enjoy the golfing along with the game, the weather recently has been fantastic and the courses are playing awsome…the game should be a good one chances are you’ll be in a lively section (do you knows your seats yet?)…I unfortunately can’t make it as a relative has planned her wedding for that day/evening :cry: and family comes first…I’d buy you a beer if I could…have fun!..

I'm sitting in section k, I know terrible seats but at least I'm there.

As for golf I'm going to Elbow Springs on Friday and was thinking about Heather Glenn or D'arcy ranch on Saturday. Have you been to any of these courses?

…seats will be fine, you’ll get lots of endzone action and a good view of the jumbotron for when the play is at the other end of the field…You’ll probably be with some other rider groups as well as the visiting fan-groups tend to buy tickets on the periphery of the stadium…hit the stadium about an hour or so before game time and the tailgaters are on the east side (Crowchild Trail side)…I’m sure you’ll find riders groups there in pre-game party huddles…

…haven’t played Elbow or D’arcy myself so I can’t give you a legit critique on either, but I’ve heard both are nice courses, particularily on the natural scenic setting…Heather Glen is o.k., but it’s a fairly flat course east of town so probably not much different to what you’re used to playing back home…I’d choose D’Arcy over Heather maybe just for the potential lay-of-the-land and mountain views that the Okotoks area has to offer…

…and bring your DEET, the skeeters hunt in packs and are now flying in formation while taking wallets and small children…

Although Red and White fans generally outnumber the Green and White fans in Calgary, I have found in my years living here that Rider fans ARE LOUDER because we are generally MUCH BUSIER cheering for our team who will be administering a THRASHING to Mr. Burris and Co. The fact that we are louder is what makes us more visible and makes us look like we are 55% of the fan base, not the 30% we generally are. Me, if I were Hank, I'd be sitting this one out just to spare my fragile ego. Go Riders.

......lol, that might be true rocketman, the riders certainly have more to cheer about than the stamps right now........but take this to heart, listening to the post Ottawa game interviews from coaches and players the stamps are a mighty p*ssed off group right now and I don't think that feeling is going to get any better as the week rolls on, in fact, being reminded about Burris's past and the rivalry which seems to have developed, look for the intensity to heighten.............fragile ego for Hank? No, I doubt it, he has publicly accepted a lot of blame for his poor performance so far so there's no ego trip there........oh, I re-read your post and missed your point, YOUR the one with the fragile ego, and if YOU were the calgary QB YOU'D be sitting out, I get you.....well, can't do much about that, thank goodness you're not our qb, ya quitter............

Heh. We'll see. I still think he'll fake a kidnapping to get out of this one.

why is it that Riders fans think that green dominates every stadium, just like at the Western Final, they claim to have had about 15000 fans but it was more like 2000 out of 55000 and Riders fans definitely weren't noticeable verbally or visually.

Guess for every green jersey, that must count as 10 fans. LOL.

I am hoping to be there as well. I am working in Sundre right now, and am supposed to finish our contract on the 22nd, so If you see a intoxicated Rider fan in a old school Ron Lancaster #23 jersey give me a hollar. I'll probably end up iin some shit seats but whatever. It will get me out of the bush for a bit, and it will gtood to see the Riders defence smash Calgary. Reynolds gets a max of 70 yards, Burris at least 2 picks. maybe a fumble too.

see you there

.........don't phone me for bail........

........hey, William, I just heard this on the radio, Killkenny's Pub in town still has this deal running: 2 tickets to the game, a pitcher of draft, a plate of wings and a school bus ride to the game and back again for: $29.95..........if you haven't got tics yet thats a pretty amazing deal...........

That is an amazing deal. It beats Safeway’s and Sport Chek’s.

.......I was at Shank's last night and they are running a similar deal, $15.00 will get you a ticket to the game, a pint and a bus ride to and from the game.....no wings but fifteen bucks!!!!!!!! that's pretty cheap........'course they do just say 'stadium', maybe it's not McMahon?.......maybe you get great seats in Foothill's Stadium next door where you can HEAR all the action!.........

--Yeah I'll second that, you've been mislead. It's true, there are alot of Sask fans there(basically the equivalent of Habs or Leafs fans when you see a game in Calgary, Edmonton or Vancouver. Actually probably not even that much). But there is NO way it'll be mostly green. I've been to quite a few Sask games in Calgary, and I'm not expecting any more than usual. Actually Edmonton usually gets more Riders fans up there than we get in Calgary. You see alot more green(Saskatchewan Roughriders' metallic-green, not Eskimos' dark green) up there than you would at McMahon. I have a feeling you'll be content when you leave there though. I hope to God Calgary wins, but based on how they've looked so far this year, I'd be shocked if they actually did. I just hope it's close...

--Well then you must not have lived in Calgary before 2002 then. Because before that, all the way back to 1990, Calgary usually kicked the crap out of the Riders. Go ahead and check the history books, I bet I could find some doozies in Calgary's favour from 1990-2002.