Going to a Lions Game is A Total Waste of Time!!

You are allowed to stay and you speak in total gibberish…

For sure…Usually I crotch a mickey…to save cash… I didn’t have time cause I live in coquitlam now and I worked until 5… I honestly knew the consessions were bad… but I never realized that you could miss half a game!!!
. As for the staff… I had a seventy year old consession stand worker who was hard of hearing… Kudos for her continuing to work… but comeon… find people who can speak decent English as well (before I get more hate mail…I don’t care if they’re purple… just speak English please… or don’t allow them into Western Canada… obvious exceptions would be refugees

The only complaint you should be making is how poorly you planned your night out. If you're going to show up RIGHT at kickoff, on an empty stomach, thirsty, you should expect to miss a good chunk of the game.

There's not a stadium in this league that's going to get you through the ticket gates, filled up with a beverage, food in tow and in your seat in time to not miss any game if you don't leave yourself anytime to accomodate it.

It's really not the Lions fault you have no sense of time management.

WORD. I’m always there early, but dinner took longer, so I arrived at BC Place at 7 sharp. I didn’t bother with drinks and went straight to my seats. I didn’t want to miss the game. I have to work at 6am and I stayed for the whole tribute

Going to a Lions Game is A Total Waste of Time!! ---- WHAT :twisted: ---- Blin reading your rant was a waste of time, Considering the lack of community support for the Lions Its no wonder you have to order your custom jersey . SO WHAT!!!~ BTW Ive been to a Lions Home game and it was a Blast, People should Travel to B.C Just to see The LIONS :rockin:

I think waiting in line for concession, bathroom and merchandise outlets is a normal thing at any stadium.

I always eat at a food court Downtown before the game, instead of having to wait in line for a 6$ Hot Dog.

On a Friday night in a city like Vancouver, wouldn't you expect more traffic then usual?

I used to volunteer to sell beer and liqour at the Rider games a few years back, and aside from the hard liqour being pre-mixed, you still had to pour the beer into a cup, which does not take a lot of time. The concessions ran fairly smooth, and it was a lot of fun, I must say. Blin to take your frustrations out on people who may be volunteers for your own lack of planning is idiotic at best. I found the fans, for the most part patient while you got them their drinks. Plan better the next time around, and you won't miss too much of the game.

Now that this thread has also been cleaned out, keep the insults out of it.

Sorry, Jm....

the lions need to improve the A/C inside the dome, when are they getting a retractable roof, better jumbo tron, more food outlets, and beer servers in the aisles.

I tried a non-verbose approach…didn’t work so well.
It is this simple…all of your ranting and raving about your experience simply fall on deaf ears. Here is a fact for you. If you did not factor in time spent to get into the stadium, time to stand in line, etc., you simply were not on time, you were late. And your description of events after that…my god… Blaming the Lions for your miscalculations is not a particularly productive endeavour.

apparently the lions brass should follow this guy around and ask him when its ok for the plays to start....

string this guy up and break out the bats!

Blin- if Bobby Ackles was alive he would have heard your complaints then taken them to the concession people and likely written or called you back after dealing with it. He would not have dismissed your complaints and suggestions like others have here. Pass on your complaints to the Lions office. That is what Bob Ackles would want you to do so things could be improved upon for next time. That is why Ackles is / was revered by the Lions fans because he cared enough to take it on the chin when poor service occured and tried to make it ( the experience ) better for everyone regardless if the customer was obnoxious. Sorry about your bombers losing and your dad not getting his wine but that sadness pales in comparison to the loss of the Ackles family. Think about that for a moment my CFL friend.

edited

While I agree that the pat-downs, dreadfully slow lineups and non-english speaking staff are extremely annoying at BC Place, the Lions have little control over this. It is the gov't-run stadium corp which runs the stadium, concessions and unionized staff, like any hospital or prison...except those inmates have more priveleges.

Hopefully with the $300,000,000 upgrade to BC Place concessions, video screen and retractable roof will improve the service and ambience.

Just throwing this out there, but I would be furious if they tried to serve me beer that had been poured into a cup earlier. God knows how long it would between the pouring, and me purchasing it. The last thing I'd want to spend 7 dollars on is a cup of warm, flat beer.

You better believe it… I guess they just don’t want your money… hard to believe really

Lets prey…

Hey Blin, I hear your frustration buddy. I however have always had a great time at BC Place, no real complaints off the top of my head. I agree with what Dust was saying, I guess it's better to plan ahead if you have time. They should have announced that they were lifting the blackout sooner as the game was on TV but maybe you had tickets well in advance?

I was supposed to go with a friend who backed out 3 hours before kickoff and I just took a chance that the game would be televised. I wish I was there but didn't want to go alone. I knew the crowd would be strong with the whole Ackles thing. I've been to CFL games in BC, Hamilton and Toronto and been to Frank Clair Stadium but unfortunately didn't see a game as the Black Riders (Renegades) were dormant then.
Been to the Big-O only for the Expos, I think Al's were dormant too at that time.

Lived in BC 7 years now and it has been my best CFL 'live' experience so far. Hamilton being a close second: great fans, blue collar town.
If I had to complain about any of them it would be Toronto, just too cavernous in my opinion and the fans aren't loud enough! Too many Bay street lawyers and accountants on business I guess; and I'm an Argo fan.
I wish Exhibition Stadium was still around.
I haven't had a chance to see a game in the Peg but would love to go sometime, when are they hosting the Grey Cup again? Maybe I'll go for the comparison, that would be awesome!

One last thing: Booze should enhance the experience and not be the experience in my opinion.

I was thinking the same thing myself but was reluctant to say anything because i’m not Canadian and thought maybe it’s what is done at Lions games.