Going back to a game seems weird now

Pent up demand is certainly something we are seeing with travel. 2022 river cruises are smashing advance sale records, so much so 2023 river cruises are already on sale with some of the major river cruise lines.

I would love it if the CFL experiences that.

2 Likes

Hello,

I agree that it will feel a little weird of going back to my seats. But the 2 hours prior, and knocking back a couple of beers near the stadium will be a great tradition in meeting up with the crowd.

I don't think I will be as loud as I was as it will take time. But the 1st QB sack I see my Argos do, then I'll be dialed in again. I love QB sacks.

As long as you are safe and healthy, that’s all that matters.

1 Like

Hello,

For the 1st home game, I want to see one of those anti - maskers at a game. Just to hear the yelling and stuff etc. This will then be followed by a streaker at halftime. Then my Argos win. That will make my 1st game back enjoyable. Lol.

1 Like

When they restart allowing fans to be in attendance, if they seat folks with social guidelines distancing, should they issue social distancing brooms and hockey sticks to all fans too so they can help self-enforce?

That gives the streaker more space to not be obstructed when he or she decides to leap on the field.

That works. Lol.

1 Like

As long as the streaker is wearing their mask…

We’re good down here. I hope you are well too. We all just have to keep on keepin on.

Right back at you , my friend.

1 Like

Thanks man. Hope you and yours are doing well too.

1 Like

It will definitely be strange to sit right next to someone else, or to not have to wear a mask in public, I don’t think you’re the only person feeling that Red and White. I liken it to wearing PPE in different workplaces, like safety glasses or hearing protection. Once you do it for awhile, you feel like it’s a suit of armour and it just becomes natural - if you go to another workplace that doesn’t require these, you feel exposed and unprotected.

But I’m sure we will quickly get back accustomed to it sooner than we think. Decades of habits will start to creep back in.

1 Like

Got my first vaccination this past Wednesday.

Next one in 16 weeks.

1 Like

If and when the stadiums open I can imagine people with masks shouting at maskless people to put a mask on, fights, etc it’s not going to be pleasant.
There are people out there that will insist that everyone wear a mask to stop the spread of germs even if it’s not mandatory.
Some will never go back to stadiums even though they have been fully vaccinated, they will say that the vaccine is only 93% effective and that means that there is a 7% chance that you will catch the virus. :disappointed:
Sitting out side in the fresh air in the sun is the safest place.

1 Like

If it’s a distanced seating arrangement to start, I foresee they would require masking at least whenever you leave your seat, just like an outdoor patio. Especially if there’s only been one full round of vaccinations. Most people lived through this all last summer, don’t recall there being much uproar.

1 Like

Seriously?
The day that our Conservation Parks opened I was there
The day the Zoo opened I was there

Still waiting for Museum, Wonderland, Sports (I even have all my brand new sportchek swag for the next CFL game)

Yesterday I went to a Maple Syrup Festival
HUNDREDS of people (families with kids) were all running about
Noone is listening to Ford any longer

Farmers markets are open, parks are full of people, you can even still get curbside pickups from the library

Ray Parker “I ain’t afraid of no flu” parody any day now, I am calling it first

1 Like

Covid is REAL
I doubt anyone could legit say it was not real

The issue has been certain politicians trying to curry favour with absurd pseudo science pretending to be legit

eg
If a drug maker says 3 months, I will space out shots 4 months simply to get more people vaccinated and make approval numbers higher
If 2 people met in a room, 1 wears a mask and 1 does not somehow that endangers the mask wearer
We can lock down a small mom & pop shop that gets 10 customers in a day, yet allow thousands into a local Walmart/Costco
We can lockdown large outdoor park areas as “dangerous” but allow groups of old people to drive around a local golf course together
Skiing down a hill at break neck speeds alone, alone with a face covering is dangerous, but allowing people to sit and chill together en masse (25 people or less outside) is safe
Curfews in general (you know cause virus sleeps during the day and is active at night)

Heck they even claimed (somehow) that things such as outdoor amusement parks were “dangerous” even if you limit attendance and all wore masks

They also claim that even AFTER you are vaccinated that you would still need to adhere to lockdown and quarantine rules (while rest of world is relaxing restrictions)

$81 billion of CERB instead of using that money for a plethora of more important things

1 Like

We allow thousands of truckers, rail workers, flight crews to enter Canada at every hour of every day and they don’t have to be tested or quarantined.
But we will make the few (7%) of all crossers have 3 tests and a 14 day quarantine.
26,000 people were exempt the quarantine hotel in one month because they were “essential”

2 Likes

Yup
It seems obvious that they were more likely to be super spreaders than anything we shut down

Where was the Maple Syrup Festival, Kav?

Halton
(just west of Peel)

Sold out for this weekend so you can’t go today :slight_smile:

We tried getting tickets to lake but its also sold out boo

https://book.parkpassproject.com/book?inventoryGroup=1554186518