GoEastMountain.com - Ticats Launch Stadium Support/Info Site

I was thinking more along the lines of a water wheel.

http://monsterguide.net/images/how-to-build-a-water-wheel-pump.jpg

I think ‘sustainable’ means, ‘if you build it for us, we’ll make money’.

Yup. Anybody know if a NoGreedMountain.com domain is still available? :lol:

They keep saying LRT and GO, but there are problems with that. The LRT proposal that I saw, was a line running down main street, with no service to the mountain at all. And with GO, there are many issues with that, first being that there is no infrastructure. Rail lines take alot of time, and community support, in order to get built. Not to mention that Go has no plans of ever servicing the Hamilton escarpment, hell they barely service Hamilton downtown, and there is already a station and rail lines there. It wouldn’t be economically feasible for GO to service that area. The only way GO will ever see the Hamilton escarpment, is if they run a line to western Ontario(London, Windsor), which would be feasible, but it would not be seen in the next 10 years, and if they installed a station up there, it would be west-mount/Ancaster. When considering rail, you have to consider the logistics of it.

How about a BUS, you guys don't have any of those either ?

That would be soooo awesome. :smiley: And hey, it would fit the “jungle cat” motif. :wink:

I agree with you about the LRT - a total waste of money. A billion dollars or so to run a line downtown that will reduce the road lanes. Even though the Province and the feds would donate three quarters of the funding, the city would still have to come up with $500 million or so and then they have to operate it. A total waste of money, but it looks sexy!!
Even if the stadium is built at WH people would have to drive to an area where they could get a bus and then transfer to an LRT!!
As for the Mountain - the idea of a GO station was for GO busses, not a train

I agree with you about the LRT - a total waste of money. A billion dollars or so to run a line downtown that will reduce the road lanes. Even though the Province and the feds would donate three quarters of the funding, the city would still have to come up with $500 million or so and then they have to operate it. A total waste of money, but it looks sexy!!
Even if the stadium is built at WH people would have to drive to an area where they could get a bus and then transfer to an LRT!!
As for the Mountain - the idea of a GO station was for GO busses, not a train
[/quote]
And THAT money would come from WHOM??? :stuck_out_tongue:

The Cats have the figures to back this up actually. If you have some scientific study that disproves it I’ll read it

In a pilot project this summer, the GO train has taken passengers along those lower city rails
all the way to Welland and passengers going to Niagara Falls are then transferred to a GO bus.

In the near future, there will likely be a GO train platform on Centennial Parkway
and GO buses will take Tiger Cats fans up to GO bus lot at the EM stadium, mikem

The whole Golden Horseshoe area will have GO service . You haven’t heard of this?

The only way GO will ever see the Hamilton escarpment, is if they run a line to western Ontario(London, Windsor), which would be feasible, but it would not be seen in the next 10 years, and if they installed a station up there, it would be west-mount/Ancaster. When considering rail, you have to consider the logistics of it.

I’m sorry i know i am a few days slow in this response … but i have had better things to do than read how everyone thinks they are right on here … but AKT you all knowing all wise master of all the future … how in the bloody blue blazes can the Ti-cats have all the facts about how many people drive to the stadium when they don’t control any of the parking … do they send someone out to count all the cars on the front lawns and in shopping centers and such ??? come on now be real THEY HAVE NO CLUE

The city and the Ticats have fairly accurate figures on how many people take the bus to the game. They know the attendance at the game, then they subtract the amount of people that take the bus and then estimate the number of people that come by car. There is a small percentage either way to take account of people that walk to the game.

Ding ding ding!!!!
Notice the city doesn't dispute the figure. Besides the bus numbers the Ticats did a survey to find out not only how they would go to a future stadium but also more importantly to this particular question how do they get to IWS. The numbers are pretty solid

Surveys can very, very accurately gauge how many people drive to the game. It's like the polls before an election, they are more or less correct.

A survey conducted by the Cats that best suits the Cats. If this was anyone else doing this loads of people would cry foul. Conducting the survey at Ivor Wynne is also something that skews things.

If you want high numbers of people that drove…you will approach people with kids and not people stumbling around with a beer in each hand.

But…I’ve only read the very brief descriptions of how this survey was conducted. Not all that scientific it didn’t seem.

Unless you have your own survey done to dispute the findings…you can’t really say anything. It’s just common sense that a survey like this can be open to influences especially when conducted by the very people that want they answers that (surprise!) they got.

Besides…telling me lots of people drive to a stadium in a location like Ivor Wynne is fine…that doesn’t mean they want to be forced to drive to a new stadium. Options are nice…

But you are not listening..........or reading!
The city KNOWS how many people get on a bus to go to Ticat games. The figures are there!
You SUBTRACT the amount of people that take a bus to the games from the attendance and "voila" you have a fairly accurate figure. Ticats also know where the ticket sales are made. over 80 per cent drive to the game.

MAKE RHEEM GREEN' build at EM

Carmens/Tiger-Cats event for the East Mountaion stadium.........Aug 5

details here:

[url=http://www.goeastmountain.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Learn-The-Facts-Understand-The-Opportunities-East-Mountain-Support-Event.pdf]http://www.goeastmountain.com/wp-conten ... -Event.pdf[/url]

80 % drive to IWS to goto Ti-Cat games??????

so then what does that do to the arguments that its a tough place to get to the game because of road access ??? HUH ????
this board is turning into a walking contradiction ...

You have to pay attention man - the Ticats get zero revenue from the Parking on the streets around IWS. It would be the same around the WH. At the EM site there could be parking for 6,000 or more spots, on-site all paid direct to the Ticats or city, big bucks in revenue. Not just the revenue from the Ticats but the soccer team and other events that will be held at the EM stadium. Also a big plus about EM is the advertising revenue from the stadium name because its next to a large four lane highway, there are no highways that run beside the WH site, therefore Zero revenue from the stadium name.