GoEastMountain.com - Ticats Launch Stadium Support/Info Site

According to WHOIS, the domain name was only registered on July 19 of this year.

[url=http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/goeastmountain.com]http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-s ... untain.com[/url]

Good find.

I thought that site that the organization launched could not have been up for long. If it were, the announcement of its existence on the main page likely would have occurred before 6:46 p.m. this evening: http://www.ticats.ca/article/tiger-cats … n-web-site

This is one of my biggest fears with EM.

Frankly the same costs will occur at the West Harbour. This is a red herring. If you don't want to pay for parking you can take the bus to either site and the price of tickets are going to be the same in either location. Nobody is going to be forced to drive that doesn't want to in either case any more than the 82% of fans who drive to IWS are

Disagree.

Bus service to downtown is infinately better as it is the hub of many spokes, while EM is but a mere single spoke in the HSR wheel.

Plus LRT and current and future GO service.

Agreed regular bus service is better. The fact is that game day service will be great either location. If you don't want to drive there is no good reason you have to. You are barking up the wrong tree here. Besides LRT is blueberry pie and Rheem has only one usable route that actually goes there. Go will be running buses to East Mountain almost guaranteed

Much of the view from the harbour site is of the Burlington shoreline, is it not?

A nice view is a nice view. I generally enjoy seeing them. I don’t much concern myself with whether or not I’m a part of them. Actually, I don’t want to be part of the view. I’m kind of shy. :oops: Plus, many people would be driving up the RHVP which is a pretty pleasant view in my opinion (not as nice as Cootes Paradise from the 403, mind you, but still good). They’d also have lots of time to enjoy the valley, because of the traffic jam that’s sure to ensue…

What is the Redhill site? Not sure what you’re talking about - right now the sites under consideration are West Harbour and East Mountain, and that’s it.

There are actually 4 eastbound trains in the morning and 4 westbound ones at night at the Hunter St. station. And GO is looking at all-day service from James St. N. as part of its Niagara extension, with schedule options for stations in the east end and beyond.

They will not build rail service to East Mountain just for the stadium. They will extend bus service from a station on the Lakeshore line, possibly with higher frequency during events.

Sure, some is but first you’d have to look over Bayfront Park.

To the west you see the waterfront trail below Dundurn Park and the high level bridge with spectacular sunsets.

To the south you’d see the city’s skyline framed by the escarpment.

To the east you’d see not much of the northern part of downtown.

I wonder if all the people out there who says it won't be Hamilton's team any more if the stadium is in the "boonies" according to them way, way up and out on the east mountain think the same about the Canadian Open to be played again at the "Hamilton" Golf and Country Club way, way out in the "boonies" in Ancaster. I trust if these people are golf fans as well as football fans, if they're going to boycott going to games at an east mountain site that they will do likewise and boycott going to any rounds of the Canadian Open in 2012. Did the city lobby for a "Hamilton" course like Chedoke or Kings Forest? Instead of agreeing to a private course with millionaire and millionaire plus members at a fancy spancy country club not in "downtown" or near "downtown" Hamilton? :wink:

I really hope the Raise the Hammer folk get onto this one quick and lambast everybody for allowing this to happen. :lol:

Golf courses in urban cores?

Well Earl, come Aug 10th or so let the “boycotts” begin. Because we ll need the room for those wanting to take their place in a new begining not only for the TiCats but the entire City and of course for the .5 percent of the southwestern ontario folks that are waiting to snap up tickets once a new exciting accessible stadium is a go. Bob Young knows what he is doing, and I see it as my name says I am “just a fan” like all of us are.

Chedoke isn't that far Captain from the downtown, the city really should have told those RCGA people it's as close to downtown with this course or no deal! The city doesn't benefit at all with the tournament played way out in Ancaster. :wink:

Yes just as you say.

Canadian Open in a residential area? how stupid!! How will anyone find it? where will they park? guess noone from out of town will attend.

Yeah I don’t ever recall them playing the Canadian Open in downtown Hamilton so it’s kinda hard to compare the two. I don’t think there will be an ‘official’ boycott of the Cats anyway. If it is, it will be organized by people that don’t go to games anyway. However there will be plenty of people that will not be happy by the turn of events and simply shrug and watch the game on TV. Also a lot of the downtown bars that buy tickets will stop doing so. Hell, if I owned a bar down town I’d be pissed and I’d start throwing “Screw Bob Young” Parties and offering cheap beer and showing the game on TV.

Yes BigP, I'm sure there are a lot of people in this city who are very narrow-minded, red neckish and provincial as you say, I don't doubt it one bit. I doubt most of those sorts travel much beyond a couple blocks from their house and if they do, they have a sour puss demeanor to them with a sulky face. I've met quite a few over the years to be honest.

I have to say one thing. This goeastmountain website is wrong about one thing, there is no way that 82% of the fans drive the IWS, that number is way off..... And posting false information is bull. I know we need a new stadium but come on, post the real stats and reasons why.

As many on here say often,

Whats your source???

This was stated in the Fenn report itself. It was also stated that even under the most optimistic scenarios 75% of fans will still be driving to the game.

And I think they also need to be more specific as to "sustainable East Mountain stadium". When I read that the first thing that popped in to my head was "They're gona build it out of bamboo!" :lol: :lol: