Go Canada!

Off topic but good luck with our Olympians!

My personal opinion, but your not off topic when you talk about your Country's Olympic Team on a sports Forum.
Hope you get to see the Maple Leaf and hear "O Canada" during the next couple of weeks.

Pft!!
Letz just hope none of them get kidnapped.

bungle the negative, that should be your name.

Peter Mansbridge is way more negative than me.

Poor guy.

These guys are both depressing.

bungle, why so negative? Did you not have Lego as a child? You could be the cornerstone to a psychiatrists career.

Canada put on a great show in beach volleyball against the Number 1 rated Brazilians.
Looking forward to seeing some of our runners on the track.............. :thup:

gotta agree with bungle about Mansbridge, too many negative comments and stories during the opening ceremony

Coming from someone who thinks Africa is a steaming pile of crap.
When the team came out all with huge toothy smiles ,that only African descended people can give, and Mansbridge comments how they are from the least happy country in the world. It seemed a bit over the top

You are new here.

I assume you were not aware that there is an off topic section.

Just a simple scroll down.

Meh ,leave it here, it is the Olympics an there's way more traffic in this forum.

Good enough.

If you can not beat, them join them.

I have no interest in Winter or Summer games, but I will say this.

Christine Sinclair is the BEST female soccer player in the world.

IMO, of all time.

WoW - Genie BooBoo wins her opening match in tennis, the ladies 4 x 100 swim team capture bronze and Petey Mansbridge is sputtering stuff.

I think the guy who's been humiliated the most is our CFL play by play broadcaster via Botswana, aka Rod Black, Heard Blacky was livid when he wasn't selected to do Olympic coverage for either TSN or CBC. Rod wanted to do both golf (Baby Brooke Henderson & the two male hobos, Delaet and Hearn) and before that get a crack at doing gymnastics (I'm sure he'd favour the mens events). In any event TSN prolly put their foot down and told Rod 'You can barely understand CFL ball and you've been doing it for nearly 18 years - you ain't goin' nowhere!"

Love the fast talking swimming color-man Elliotte Friedman worked with. This guy breaks all the CBC rules of sportscasting - he's fast, he's well-informed and he gets his point across. Friedman musta been in total awe of this dude. Anyone know his name?

Our first medal. A bronze in the pool - Womens 4 x 100 Freestyle Relay. A bit of an unexpected one.

:lol: :lol: :lol: .

Not very likely.

Easy for you to say.

In 2012 the USA won 46 Gold .

Canada won 1 Gold. :oops: :oops: :oops:

When it comes to Olympics, Canada is a joke.

Our athletes are just not good enough to compete with Americans or Europeans.

He is Byron MacDonald.

Thanks for that Traveller - I hope CBC doesn't confront MacDonald about his American/UK style of broadcasting. That would be a travesty - the guy seemingly got 30 minutes of facts into almost every sentence he uttered. TSN should force Rod Black to watch some of that stuff to show him how professional announcing is conducted. Of course, Rod doesn't have much learning capacity so any attempt at training him up would be a waste of time.

I fixed it for ya B-88. Honestly I prefer the Winter Olympics myself where CANADA kicks A$$ and we hear "O'Canada" A lot more often. :smiley: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :smiley:

Ok BOBO.

However, because we are in the Summer, it is what I was talking about.

I am not trying to be cruel. I am just being realistic.

I know they try their best.

It is not just the athlete.

It is about funding, coaching and training.

We just can not compete on the world stage.

Very disappointing .