Go ahead. Make my day. Punk

Favourite NHL tough guy past or present.
Go.

Chris Nilan. Boston born. He bled red blue and white for the habs. He could score, check, and fight.

Gordie Howe. He settled his own business, no enforcer needed.

3 Likes

(tie) Bob Probert & Tie Domi.
Because they were both fan-friendly & signed autographs for me outside the old Winnipeg arena before games back in the mid '90s.
Sadly, every autograph Tie signed for me was for my friend Kent who often accompanied me to Jets games. I must’ve gotten Tie to sign at least 3 or 4 different Jets hats. Kent later gave all those hats away…and not one was to me!
I still have the signed Bob Probert rookie card here somewhere…

1 Like

Gordie Howe was absolutely great with fans. I remember going to a week-night autograph session outside of the Zellers store at North Gate Mall in north Winnipeg. Mid to late 1990s. The Zellers and the Mall are both long gone now. The session was at a weird time, like 8pm on a week night. Not a big crowd, maybe 25 people. He gave each and every one of us a solid 5-10mins of his time. I told him the story about my dad winning a hockey stick that he had autographed back in the '60s. My dad won MVP of a big junior hockey tournament and the stick was his prize. Gordie asked me “do you still have the stick?”…me : “nah, my dad sold it for $100 before I was even born”.

1 Like

Badass alright

Clint Eastwood Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

3 Likes

Arguably the best fighter in hockey history.

Dry nicely done.

1 Like

Happy Gilmore

1 Like

The Hanson Brothers.

2 Likes

Excellent choice - after I began to study their film in my archives in preparation for our annual CFL Forum NHL Playoff Pool, we honoured them last week:

2 Likes

Tigre Williams

1 Like

Good choice there. A fan favourite.

Better answer than mine.

1 Like

Who else? The Oilers all time tough guy Dave Semenko. Met him more than a few times. One of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet.

Followed by a far shorter tenured, but truly memorable Dave Brown, who’s back to back fights with the Flames Stu Grimson were memorable, even if the second one lasted all of one punch.

2 Likes

what? no votes for that most lovable Dave Schultz :slight_smile:

Big Bobby Probert

1 Like

Don’t think this one needs an introduction…

2 Likes

Big Bad Bobby Clarke

1 Like