Glenn should start vs BC

We'll have to see what MB says, personally i'd like to see Porter go the first half, and pull him ONLY if necessary at the start of the second half or 1-2 drives in.

Closer to 7 years difference actually, but I agree with your point. Glenn should have lots left in the tank. 30 is not old for a QB. He looks like he’s over his injury from the end of Winnipeg’s Grey Cup year of 2007.

I think it's time to end this experiment with the rookie quarterback. Porter has great potential but he is no where near as far along as Glenn is. He needs to watch the veteran and learn how to make his second reads faster and get the ball off quicker. Tonight his long balls were floaters and up for grabs. he has some work to do and I think he would be the first to admit that.
Glenn has earned a start. he's a proven winner and he sure has looked like one when he has come in for relief.

I say sit Porter for the next two games... Lets see what Glenn can do and maybe put up some wins while the Bombers and Argos clobber at each other... We need a win in the next two games to maintain momentum and frankly, as much as I like QP and want him to be our QB, I think Glenn is the ticket to that.

8) Yes, Glenn is only 30. He could play for another 3-5 years, and if given the chance to come in at the beginning of the second half tonight, he just might have pulled out a victory !!!
  Heck, he could even win us a Grey Cup or two in the next 3 years if he gets to play  !!!

There is nothing wrong with starting a vet......
Glen has 9 years in the CFL, reads defence's much quicker and his release is much faster.
Porter I believe, is a long term QB for the Cats. And by bringing him along slowly....would be the right thing to do. Having Porter learning " under fire " ? I really question that.
I would always go with the " vets ", if it was my call.

Cheers.

He could play another 8 - 10 years.

This is a really tough call, because it's hard to say what is the best thing to do to make Porter better, have him play or have him watch.

Glenn does appear to be playing better right now. After tonights game, I wonder if we may have won if Glenn were put in at the start of the second half, or for the whole game. Until they blew it when the got to the 1 yard line, it looked like we were going to turn this into a game.

PJ

8) You mean we could have this QB controversy going on for the next 10 years ???? :wink:

The aim of professional teams is to win games. We shouldn't be sacrificing potential wins in order to teach Porrter. He is a young QB that needs to learn from the sidelines, just as all the great CFL QB's have. We are going to do more harm to his development by rushing him into the game. If anything I have noticed that he is becoming more and more tentative in his reads. This in my opinion would indicate that he is under pressure. Let him sit back, watch, and learn.

I think MB has handled the QB situation very well so I'm for leaving it to the coaching staff, but they better not screw up. :slight_smile:

Will be a tough for MB to call. TiCats the first team to hold Montreal under 40 this year and we did it convincingly, that's a big positive. We could have won this one except for some dumb plays. I'll reserve judgement on who starts at this point, I really don't know but am leaning towards Porter though.

No he definately has to start, you can tell the team wants him to start and he’s more in control of the offence, knowing every play inside and out as well as being able to throw to receivers before they get open. Porters just not there yet and can learn a lot from the bench.

It’s not tough at all, you want to win, start Glenn, that simple.

Porter;s offense was basically chucking it 50 yds downfield and hoping that Someone would come down with it, or hoping that the referees call another bad interference call.

Glenn looked good, but remember, he came in at a time when the Als were playing deep to protect against the quick score, so he had a lot of success throwing those 10-12 yd curls underneath the coverage.

At this point you got to go with Glenn though.

I’d Like to see Glen Start
Porter has played 9 Games and can’t get Ball in the Endzone
Glen has moved the Team

Rookies QB Should Learn from Sidelines

I'd Like to see Glen Start
Porter has played 9 Games and can't get Ball in the End zone
Glen has moved the Team

Rookies QB Should Learn from Sidelines

As for Curl Route Matts called the curl Cats last year said there no Imagination to the offence

It wasn’t average it was as said “rather poor”. Int, no touchdown ,bad completion percentage for few yards better not be his average if he wants to play.

porter did not win that game for us. He was, at best, ok. Cobb almost singlehandidly won that game for us. And the defence played a big role. Porter was ok but just ok. He didn’t lose it for us put it that way.

This really is a NO BRAINER ... If anyone has a MAN CRUSH on Quinton it is Marcel Bellfuille - I mean, how many balls need he see SPRAYED all over the field before he puts Glenn in !!??

Quinton's balls were ALL OVER the field tonight. Under thrown, over thrown, BALLOON trajectories - absolutely ZERO ACCURACY ... Who knows what could have been if Glenn gets in earlier (or STARTS)?

Peace.