Glenn Done?

That's not what he said. He reiterated at least a half dozen times on the 5th quarter that he was WORRIED about that game since the Cats were going on their bi-week and that it is a trap game for the players. By the way we made Cleo Lemon look like Warren Moon in that game and barely squeaked out a victory so Ted was accurate in his concern.

I have no problem with porter finishing right now. He showed alot more them glenn did, the lad needs to be on the field. I still think he has what it takes. Putting boltus in right now is the same as when they put porter in to early.

I remember posting during the last two off-seasons that this QB issue had to be resolved. I did not think (and still don't) that either Glenn or Porter were the answer if we wanted a winning team. I thought they should have kept Glenn and traded Porter and develop an up and comer like Travis Lulay (that was two years ago) to take over from Glenn after a couple of years.
It seems to me that improving the QB situation was not a priority last year. It makes no sense to me to give up such a powerful duo as AB3 and Avon Cobourne...and then rely on Glenn's arm which has proved to be inaccurate so many times.
I now think that Porter is a more complete QB than Glenn because of his running...but I still have lingering doubts about whether he consistent enough to be a starter. So we have two QB's who are inconsistent. Why has this situation continued for two seasons? Can't figure that one out.
Maybe this team's management believes in waiting for QB's to develop rather than looking for a quick fix. Sometimes that philosophy can work but in our case I don't think it has.How long do you wait? Glenn seems to be getting worse and even though Porter shows some signs of improvement, it's not enough.
Maybe management has "Montreal Alouettes envy" but without Marc Trestman and talent spotter extraordinare Jim Poppe, it's tough to duplicate what they have done for so many years.
I also think there is a huge question mark over this team regarding game planning. It seems to range from predictable and ineffective to reasonably varied and productive. To me, it's this kind of inconsistency that prevents this team from reaching its full potential, regardless of the QB.

I now think that Porter is a more complete QB than Glenn because of his running...but I still have lingering doubts about whether he consistent enough to be a starter. So we have two QB's who are inconsistent. Why has this situation continued for two seasons? Can't figure that one out.
Agreed. Both Porter and Glenn are mediocre QB's IMO.

This isn’t a slag on either of them. In fact, they have adequate skills as a CFL QB, although neither is elite, nor authentic game changers.
When Porter was the Cats starter a few seasons back, I had high hopes, although a year later realized he was not the answer.
When Glenn became starter, I had great expectations again and thought that he may have advanced to the Grey Cup if not for the broken arm in post season…Now I’m not too certain about that…

And now we are back to square one…No further ahead in three years, and no clear leader at QB.

what game were you watching?

the cats put up 9 points in the first half with porter and only 3 in the second half with glenn.....glenn was the recipient of a defensive stop that gave him the ball back on the als' 30 yard line. glenn didn't do anything to warrent such field position. how do you give glenn credit for that???

had trestmen and the als punted, as they should have done, it woulda been game over, signed and sealed 27-12 als win.

you make it seem like glenn marched the cats down the field and scored a TD, when that is simply not the case.

if you don't want to give porter credit for scoring a TD that glenn put him in position for, then you shouldn't be a hypocrite and give glenn credit for scoring a TD that the defence put him in position for!

I think Porter has been improving and has showed it in his playing time. Remember that Travis Lulay in the last couple of years had been brutal to watch right up until 7 or 8 games ago, but Wally and Geroy were patient with him and now look at BC. Porter looks much more composed and confident in the pocket now with quicker reads. His ability to run gives the offense another weapon. As long as he has conquered his turnover problems then he will be alright.

I think Porter has been improving and has showed it in his playing time. Remember that Travis Lulay in the last couple of years had been brutal to watch right up until 7 or 8 games ago, but Wally and Geroy were patient with him and now look at BC. Porter looks much more composed and confident in the pocket now with quicker reads. His ability to run gives the offense another weapon. As long as he has conquered his turnover problems then he will be alright.
yes, the fact that Porter is a mobile QB is definitely a plus. What is disconcerting is his propensity to throw INT's and near INT's. I can't recall seeing so many passes thrown in defender territory/hands as when Porter plays. And that includes Glenn. It is up to TiCat brass to determine whether to give him another shot at being starter though..

As for Lulay, he shared duties with the maligned Printers last season and didn't become full time starter until commencement of this season.
Yes, he had a rough patch to start yet the team lost close games, and after 7 or 8 games has been the best QB in the league.

Personally, I think Porter had enough previous starts (18) under his belt to reveal that he is capable, yet not a star in this league.
I`d love for him to prove me wrong in my assessment....Glenn too. PLEASE guys. PROVE ME WRONG. :expressionless:

Appreciate the comments but check your PVR.
Glenn did march them down the field & toss a TD which unfortunatly get called back on an offside…you can’t slant him for that. He also put the team in position (yet got injured) & Porter tossed it in for the TD. I do believe that Glenn also ran a 20+ yards run for a TD yesterday…so I’d say I was watching. I also believed he got picked because we got burned on the TD that never was according to good 'ol CFL reffing & he forced the throw, which agreed he shouldn’t have done.

I do believe many miss the points raised in here. Glenn brought them back yesterday. Yes he has struggled as I also mentioned so did Maas & Printers but people get so transfixed with the QB they get a little foggy with everyone elses errors…and blame the QB, it isn’t right…but it’s fact.

Danny Mac was good for 2 a game!

Both underthrown to Flutie per game as I recall.

Did Mike kerrigan win all his games? Porter is like Kerrigan, he will have some great seasons and some not so great. thats the way the game is,. because he has already shown his potential and has demonstrated some maturity in this season. Glenn has another five or more years in the tank as a backup if he’s smart, not taking anything away from K.G. but he could play longer and healthier.

Kerrigan never had a great season..
In fact, he never even had a very good season throughout his career with the Cats nor Argos.
check out his stats. They are quite horrid for a first stringer.

BUT, he won a Cup. :thup: :rockin:

Interesting. Kerrigan has similar numbers to Bernie Faloney.

[url=http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~maxymuk/home/passing/qbcfl.html]http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~maxymuk/hom ... qbcfl.html[/url]

Difference being Faloney won 5 Grey Cups! :rockin:

I wonder if Obie could swing something and get Ricky Santos from Montreal.

He's had some good success in very limited action and will not crack the lineup with Calvillo and McPherson there.

The man knows how to connect in the endzone, with 3TD's out of 13 passes thrown last year.

Kevin Glenn has been a puzzle. One game he looks great and then the next one he will look very ordinary. Is it a lack of concentration? One thing he does lack is his ability to run the ball, if he was a running QB it would help him when he has one of his ordinary games.

I've been a fan of Glenn ever since he took over as the starter in 09'. But i'm a fan no longer. On plenty of occassions he gets a ton of time in the pocket, but sits there with happy feet waiting and waiting. Eventually the pocket collapses and he tries to force a throw which gets picked off. Also, he just doesn't have the arm strength to get it done, he can barelly make a throw out to the flat anymore.

It's time to salvage what we have in Porter and allow him to grow over these next 4 weeks, giving him some valuable experience heading into next season. We've seen the flashes, it's all a matter of him putting everything together.

he was picked twice.
no excuses.

I really can't figure Glenn out with his inconsistency. On dozens of plays last year I would see Bruce 20 yards down the field wide open with at least 10 yards of separation. Glenn would not see him and the result would be a broken play. Now we have Williams and Thigpen running routes blazingly fast which no DB can cover properly. Plus with the tall receivers and Cobourne on the swing pass option, somebody has got to be open. Yet we still struggle to move the ball at times. Something is amiss here and until this issue is solved we will continue to be sub-par.

As odd as it may sound, the Cats and the Argos are in the same situation at QB. Neither team has a bona fide #1 and the back-ups have shown very little despite opportunities. Both teams will be in the market for a starting QB in the off-season.

An Argo-Cat fan