..Glenn comes up short again...

They had a poll about Glenn at the Free Press website in March and the polls there allow only one vote per IP address.

Is Kevin Glenn's release good or bad for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers? GOOD 49% BAD 19% MAKES NO DIFFERENCE 30% Total 1,925

An unscientific poll isn’t worth the paper it was written on—even if they did limit votes to one per IP.
But the sad thing was, Papa put that poll forth as justification for dumping Glenn. So I reiterate, nicely done–running the team (into the ground) by making such decisions based on a fan poll.
Just curious? Was the poll speculative, or after the fact? Makes a difference.

I’ve never backed away from being a Kevin Glenn fan, Papa. I wonder if you still believe that any of the 8 or 9 QBs you went through, are any good? Seems to me you assured everyone that from Lefors, Randell and a couple others, the Bombers definitely had a keeper.

I think it’s rather obvious from the way the question was worded that it was taken after the release of Glenn.

The Bombers didn’t dump Glenn because of fans wanting him gone. They dumped him because of $$$ - the $150,000 bonus he was due (on top of the $50,000 bonus he was already paid) and his salary. The poll is indicative that the fans did not have a problem with the decision when it was made.

Im not so mad about it anymore now that i know Kelly actually had offered him a restructerd contract... a a bonus of 50 000, and another of 100 000 before TC is pretty insane, so i dont fault him one bit... Glenn is the one that chose not to take a new contract to play here...

the new contract even had a clause in it that if Kevin won the starting job, he would still get his dough, and he still opted not to...

an "unscientific" poll? really? when has "science" had anything to do with a) the CFL and b) a fans opinion on the qb situation in their area? all youve succeeded in doing was making yourself out to be an idiot

And I suppose not being able to understand what a “scientific poll” is makes you look brilliant?
You should look at the poster who suggested a fan poll as a legitimate rationale for letting Glenn go if you want to see something along the lines you suggest. I suggest this year for making player personnel decisions, you consult a psychic. Might work for play calling as well.

From the looks of another thread, you are planning on Ricky Ray as your QB. Keep on hopin’…

Polls are for dogs! Does not matter if it is politics or sports, polls are fraud, no science in polling! There may have been some science in polling at one time, but since the pollsters have worded their questions in such a way, they only end up in the end with the result they were looking for.

Man that’s the truth. I remember getting a questionnaire once from a political candidate; one of the questions was, “do you think the government is doing enough to financially support the arts?”

Now, if you happen to believe that government should NOT fund arts, you can’t answer the question as phrased. Saying “yes” means you think the government is doing enough; saying no means you want them to do more. . . if you want them to get out of funding the arts, you can’t answer.

Of course in your example, the politician has an agenda and once again, that was not a scientific poll.
Now even a scientific poll may have an agenda. But the big difference is, regardless of that agenda, the poll results should give similar results each time it is taken. Poll takers get paid because their results are accurate. If they are always fudging results, then why would anyone want to use their services in the future?

.......polling done for fed. elections and provincial elections have been pretty accurate in recent years....It depends on who's doing the polling....They always have the statement attached....'accurate within 4 percentage points' and by gosh they have been pretty close...I say the 'modern' day polling gets it right... :wink:

Papa Glenn is far better than any qb we have now. We have nothing in stable, just losers.

There will be no Glenn replacement. You need to stop listening to Kelly propoganda. You think he was a offensive guru. He does not know good qb traits. Look for more losing next year.

Sanjaya, I dug your act on American Idol, I think you should have been atleast in the semi Final!