Giving something new a try: Using the forums as the comments engine for CFL.ca

There's an interesting new feature that allows the comments section at the bottom of articles on https://www.cfl.ca/ to be powered by this forum software. The forum will auto-create a topic in this section linking to that article, and people who wish to comment on it will have to register an account on these forums.

There is something that could prove annoying: It may feel like each article posted that creates a topic is "spamming" the forums. But I figure we give it a whirl and see how it goes. The goal, of course, is a higher rate of usage of the forums.

5 Likes

Annoying is right.

1 Like

Is there a way it can be that only new articles get made as topics here to clear some of the clutter?

Overall this is good idea in practice

1 Like

Just put exactly that filter in place. I guess we’ll see how this pans out.

3 Likes

SPAM!!!!
Not a fan

I'm a believer in quality not volume is the key to building a useful and enjoyable forum.
Recently you have done a really good job of getting rid of guys who just like to roam around looking for a fight.

But that said If it leads to additional quality then great.

3 Likes

:thinking:

4 Likes

I do kind of like that it's a place that only news items can be discussed and not to look through all of the US Expansion/Kill the Ratio/Kill the Rouge/1 Division/Adopt 4 down/Rant threads.

Those can stay in the general forum....or create an Abyss sub-form :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

This a good idea. I don't Facebook

1 Like

Great idea love it . More is better .

I have been a CFL Big Team Fan been @ over 15 Grey Cups in the Past 60 years Helppied out in Hamilton talked with over 1000 CFL er's who purchased Season Tickets even thou they did not live in Hamilton
I am very worried About the CFL Future I really believe All CFL Fan's should get together in Think Tank so as to discuss of the Many ways Fans could Help Raise Funds in the Form ie/Nation Lott0*Love to hear what Your Thinking about any of this

5 Likes

Welcome to the forums, @CatsRback!

One thing about the CFL News is that then the discussion if any takes place in the CFL News forum when it would be nice to see the team forums used for discussion related to that team. Team forums, CFL forums, CFL News forums make for too many forums imo.

Can you set it up so that the CFL News posts to the appropriate team forum?

Thank you

Unfortunately not very easily, no.

Comme ci comme ça!

1 Like

Everyman, I’m with you.
I’ll take quality over volume anytime.
Volume only draws the people you mentioned. Smaller, more focused forums really get good discussions going and I feel a sense of comraderie.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: CFL interest

Over two years later? Yee-hawwwwww!

It’s Necro Sunday on the CFL Forum!

Skeletons Dancing Skeletons GIF - Skeletons Dancing Skeletons Dance Move GIFs

i am so confused

1 Like