Give Boreham some credit!

oh my mistake he only played one bad game.I must have mistaken him for someone else missing clutch fieldgoals.Oh ya he made an 11yarder last night.Way to go Jamie you'll be an eastern all-star this year.

Why is Boreham even be ing mentioned? He was a non factor . Give Flemming some credit.

TSN indicated that it was a groin problem for Myers.

I was talking about Boreham....

I know, Crash. I was adding to that re Myers. My bad.

Oski Wee Wee,

thank-you crash someone who sees it like I do

Dude, he sucked in ONE game. If you take away his 0-3 game vs. Montreal. He's 10-13, which is almost on par to the Ozzy years (I did a large kicking comparison chart). To question faking an injury is also pretty pathetic. If he did fake it, he should be cut, however I don't think he did, he's determined, not a pussy. If I didn't think Myers was going to be our future, I wish Boreham could start for the rest of the year and go 80%+ to shut everyone on this site up. Anything above 40 yards is NOT an easy 3, how do so many of you not get this?

How can the chart be used as a comparison if you’re taking off Jamie’s “one bad game”?
Did you take off any of Oz’s bad games?
Take away :o EEEK-ins one bad game and this board would still be filled with fans wanting him to be our starter.

Personally I don’t think he’s faking it either, I believe he was told to be injured.

So does he.

Good point Miller he is 10-13 if you take away those three he missed in Montreal.If my calculations are right if you take away the 6 games we lost were 8-0 and tied for 1st place with Montreal.Wow what are we complaining about,were having agreat season if you take away our 6 loses.I think thats an insult to compare Ozzy to Jamie,Ozzy played for over 15 years and help us win championships.How do you draw up a comparrison chart for a kicker who cant kick over 35yds.To a kicker who was almost guaranteed to get those kicks.Why dont you draw up your chart here so we can have a look how a guy who will be lucky to have a job next year compares to a future hall of famer who time and time again made field goals over 35yds with ease.The only reason I question his injury is every time he is doing bad he is all of a sudden hurt.

I didn’t take off his bad game. He was still close to par with Ozzy. A little note, Jamie’s worst season in kicking is not even close to Ozzy’s worst season in kicking (as in, Jamie did much better), it was roughly 7% difference.

Toddking, I’m talking about ONE game, EVERYBODY has a bad game, a bad day, but since you seem to think that nobody is allowed to have an off day, I guess it doesn’t matter. I hope if you have an off day at work they can your ass. I’ll admit Jamie is not Ozzy, but everybody makes Ozzy out as the second coming, I’m sorry, sure he was clutch, he was a good kicker, but he wasn’t absolutely amazing, he missed some kicks in his day too.

I feel sorry for every kicker that comes to Hamilton, they’d have to become the third-coming and even if he was, nobody would care, because as soon as he missed ONE he’s going to have thousands of fans screaming at him for missing a kick. No kick is guaranteed, ever!

if it was one kick he missed I wouldnt be miffed its the 40% of fieldgoals he misses that I cant handle.

You can’t go by that 40% unsuccessful rate, the guy has one bad game, and it throws his PK percentage down the drain. If you looked at the bigger picture, the normal Jamie at placekicking he’s 77%, Ozzy was usually anywhere between 78 and 84 percent during a year (though he did have a handful of extremely stellar years). Jamie at 77% would be roughly around the middle of the pack 3% off the middle (Duval) when counting starting kickers. Sure I’d like to see a DeAngelis or a McCallum in black and gold doing place kicking rather then a Jamie or a Myers, but it’s not going to happen, so we have to stick with average kicking.

OK im not gonna say anything about Jamie until the end of the year this is getting pointless.Plus Ozzy made dozens of clutch kicks for us Jamie cant kick over 35yds,so please stop comparing them.Ozzy is a future hall of famer,where Jamie is lucky to still have a job.I wish Jamie luck because he's gonna need it,who knows maybe I'll be eating crow at the end of the year,but I doubt it.

Boreham has still got to go, he still hasn't proved himself!!!! The O-LINE finally played the games we are all expected to see this season and the offence as whole played what we expected all along that they're better than the scores have shown GOT TO LOVE those cross patterns that Flick ran a few times that's a start to spiceing the offence up !!!!!!!!!

GREAT GAME CATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(':thup:')
:o I am totally surprised this thread is still being allowed. Jamie is a Football Player and a wonderful person. Toddking :twisted: you are way off base. All you are doing is blowing smoke. Jamie Does not deserve any of this. If any of the Mods are out there. Please stop these people from attacking any Players on this forum. Good debates are okay. Given a chance I believe Jamie will be a great Kicker. It must be nice to be perfect. pat_cat

Hey PAT CAT when you read a book start at the beginning.This is not my thread,and im not the only one in here who isnt happy with our kicker.Try reading my last post before you say anything about me.Like I said before if you dont like what i have to say dont read it.Part of sports debates is critisizing and praising players,this isnt a church group Im not way off base look at his numbers.Next time you point your finger at me read what everybody else is saying because im not the only one critisizing in here pat_cat.Im tired of hearing you so called fans saying a player is a wonderful person so he should keep his job.Nobody is asking for perfection just consistency.So before you start blowing smoke at me read a thread from the beginning and you will see most people agree we need a new kicker.......

I'll stand up here for Pat Cat and Boreham.

His game last night was great, and was on short notice, if not "surprise" to him, as well as the rest of us.

The reason he hadn't been playing is that he had an injury. When you get injured, you want the opportunity for full rehab, before you come back, because reinjury can be career ending. And, likewise, the comeback can be "tentative", but not Jaimie (BTW, please spell his name correctly) is a balls to the wall player who leaves it all on the field.

In the past couple years, when the Cats could not score in the red zone, he was always trotted out to "attempt" FG's that were so long Bell would have been charging for the distance, with snappers, holders and an OLine that were all "suspect".

Moreover he entered into the coverage teams and made tackles, something Osbo never dreamt of.

He punted for the team, but due to our crappy coverage, frequently was instructed to punt short. He recovered punts and made tackles, something nearly unheard of by other kickers.

On Friday night, he nailed his place kicks and caused the Bombers to have lousy field position on kickoffs. (Something Meyers is lacking at!)

The TEAM finally got its act together on driving through the red zone and actually scoring TD's rather than slacking off and hoping for field goals.

I can understand that Jaimie is an "unlikely" guy as a professional kicker, as you don't see a lot of college DB's coming into the pro's as a kicker.

But I believe he's a valuable piece of this team, and has a future here, as we evolve a dominant club.

Where Katz, Lancaster, Marshal and Erdman have kept him on the roster and payroll, I will offer that its silly to question their collective reasoning, and it is extremely unlikely that Bob Young will be PM'ing any of the rest of us with a job offer for coaching or the GM or Player Development positions with the team, based on our so-called "insights" on Jaimie Boreham.

Jaimie's on our side, lets support him as best we can!

Sandro D'Angelis of Calgary just missed two in a row.....one being a 29 yarder....

Every kicker misses some....no one is perfect as Patcat says....

Jamie brings a lot to the table.... :thup:

Mike Myers Brings More to the Table than Jamie. Flat out he is a better Kicker & his Kick-offs were better than Jamie's