Gibson's CFL Commercial

Hey Faloney, you're right. If you are that bothered by a TV commercial then yes, you are very disturbed.

Not bothered.....just voicing my opinion.
Like I said.....The gov though it wise to ban all cigarette commercials. I feel they should do the same with beer commercials!

This is the one Geo is talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buf6iE_X3BM

I've always been a fan of the Clydes!
And that one was a classic.
It was the Clydes Superbowl commercial that year, was it not?

And I certainly prefer that type of commercial to the Gibson ad campaign.
Funny vs. great.

As for banning liquour ads, they have gone the other direction. It use to be illegal to advertise hard liquour, but not anymore.

I think they're funny and harmless too, in a Monty Python type of way . Not refering to the alcohol part of it. Did anybody actually take these seriously?? If you did ,IMO , you're to politically correct and you need a reality check.

SIMPSON’S INDIVIDUAL STRINGETTES! THE NOW STRING! READY CUT, EASY TO HANDLE…SIMPSON’S INDIVIDUAL EMPEROR STRINGETTES - JUST THE RIGHT LENGTH! A MILLION HOUSEHOLD USES! DESTROY NINETY-NINE PERCENT OF KNOWN HOUSEHOLD PESTS WITH PRE-SLICED, RUSTPROOF, EASY-TO-HANDLE, LOW CALORIE SIMPSON’S INDIVIDUAL EMPEROR STRINGETTES, FREE FROM ARTIFICIAL COLORING, AS USED IN HOSPITALS!

I'm on the fence a bit..... I do enjoy the one where the idiot bouncing the tennis ball gets creamed, but there's something about hitting an old lady that isn't as funny to me.

However, as I'm not a rye drinker, I don't have an opinion that will matter to them, so I don't see the point in getting worked up about it.

I'm not a fan of it.. But thats just the dancing part... The hitting the old people is funny in my books..
(stupid dancing queens invading football!!!)

Speaking as an old geezer, I thought they were funny. I reminded Mrs Sportsmen to keep her head up!

I think PennW refered it as a likeness to Monty Python! Good analogy!

ro, you say that they shouldn't ban alcohol, just the commercials. But think about it for a second, WHY did they ban cigarette ads? Because of the product, not the commercial.

The ads are funny, and that's all. Everyone needs to lighten up a bit, and stop taking offense at every little thing.

Not quite the same thing, ro. Most ads for alcohol include a "drink responsibly" slogan as well. Can't really say that about tobacco, can ya? I think the ads are fine although I've seen them too often now. Kinda reminds me of the Hockey adds where the goalie saves the putt from going in!

Oh drink responsibily!
Well that changes everything doesnt it?

So if the were to but the same disclaimer on the comercials that they do on the packs it would be ok?

Believe me I am far from offended by something as silly as a comercial. I just feel that there no more a need to promote drinking as there is a need to promote smoking.

this post has gotten way to serious. the commericial is not meant to be taken serious. Way to uptight.

oh my, i actually took the time to read this…

life is fun, the cfl is fun, take the commercial at face value, there are alot more things on tv that can be discussed. i don’t drink or smoke, and i did not find the commericals anything but funny…laughing is free :lol:

And HEALTHY!!! :rockin:

I only smoke when I drink.........but I drink alot!!

Seriously...... some of you uptight politically correct people should take up drinking...maybe it will loosen ya up a bit..

Look at me... I never get uptight over anything

They have those unpleasant pictures on cig packs tho…

maybe they should put photos of drunks lying in the gutter on bottles of booze

Actually I agree that if they ban cigarette commercials, then ban alcohol ones as well. Perhaps there is more evidence that smoking kills more people, I don't know, but alcohol has devasting effects on people's lives as well. Hey, I'm a drinker and enjoy my case of 24 a week. But I don't think we need commercials for alcohol any more than for cigarettes, makes no sense to me.

The commercial itself, I actually find it sort of funny to be honest.

its a commercial its all in good fun. its like saying your are offended off the Ikea Commercials

Who said anyone is ofended?