Get Beverage Out!!

My desire to see Barker play aside, it's always the game tape and the play chart analysis that tells the tale in the final analysis. Seeing him live also is an advantage in the overall impression one can get in evaluating. Safety is the one position that is most dependent on the play call in the secondary.

Sandy CAN TACKLE...LMAO -- I do know that he made some good hits and wraps when some of the others were getting into waving mode last night! He is definitely one of our special teams reliables along with Mariuz.

I do believe that Barker will have to be a bigger part of the mix at safety, but that isn't a shot at Beveridge. The upside of the kid means that he will have to be thrown into the fire soon enough.

Oski Wee Wee,

I didn't notice Beveridge playing poorly last night. On the first touchdown by BC (that by the way was dropped), he was a little late getting to the play.

After the first couple of BC drives, the 'Cats did a pretty good job of keeping the BC running game under control, and kept Pierce from making any big plays. That's a big part of the saftey's responsibility, so I assume Sandy played alright, and maybe even well.

I don't hear any specific play evidence in any of these posts.

With all the changes and new faces in the front seven, I believe having a veteren in the middle of the field is worth it. I hope that Barker can eventually take over this role, as I believe he may have more potential, but it's a big role to step into. The MLB is your captain, and the Safety is more or less the head of the DBs. This is where you need some experience. For proof of this, the great Argo defenses of recent years had Mike O'Shea, and Orlando Steinueur (sp?) as their MLB, and Safety. These guys were the heart and brains of that defense, and ex-TiCats to boot (sob).

PJ

Same for QB

I agree. A day late and a dollar short. A good safety will find a way to assist other players and provide the much needed smack. Rob Hitchcock (in his prime) provided the smack. Unfortunately the only reason Beveridge is on this team is for NI ratio. The team will not move forward untill the safety (Beveridge) is replaced!

Didn't really notice Beveridge all that much, but sometimes that's a good thing if the QB ain't throwing to his area. Could mean good coverage.

Even in his prime if you can call it that... Hitchcock was perennially arriving late. Sometimes a big hit, but in case you didn't notice it was always after the catch. Sandy has done somthing right to be on this team the longest of any current Cat. I think we have bigger things to worry about than a Sandy Beveridge.... I do agree Barker should be out there more often. Let's see what he's got.

Well of course any hit before the catch is interference, but I do recall many a time Hitchciock making hits just as the ball got there.

As I remember, the catch was still made. Don’t remember many knock downs from Hitch. He was highly overrated in my humble opinion just because he made the occasional big hit after and much less seldomly during the catch. BTW Why do dbs and corners celebrate big hits… when the receiver hangs on and catches the ball? Are they in their own little world?

Agreed. I think they look stupid doing so.

What was even better was guys like Morrealle who would bounce right up and let them know he just made a catch.

agreed, dont brag that you layed a guy out after he just got a 20 yard gain and a first down.

Jason Clermont did the same, he always takes the biggest hits but hangs on to the ball and gets right back up.

When Morreale didn't have the "dropsies" he would always do that ridiculous "first down" motion with his arms, even in the first quarter. Always hated seeing him or any player do that.

Yeah, most times I'm not a fan of it either, but when it's done after a vicious hit then I like the message being sent to the hitter.

[quote=""captainkirk
""]
Yeah, most times I'm not a fan of it either, but when it's done after a vicious hit then I like the message being sent to the hitter.
[/quote]
Why incite the other team? You think Rocky Dipietro ever did something like that?? Sometimes a little class goes a long way. Even after a touchdown, Rocky would always toss the ball over to the ref.

Why incite the other team? You think Rocky Dipietro ever did something like that?? Sometimes a little class goes a long way. Even after a touchdown, Rocky would always toss the ball over to the ref.
[/quote]
Yeah, you're right. Good point. There's no beating the class of players like Rocky, Flutie, McManus, Cahoon and Pinball. True role models.