George Hudson

I was reading up on a few players profiles and there seems to be one common theme with George Hudson... INJURIES!

It seems that every year he ends up being injured resulting in him missing a good chunk of games.

Is the risk worth the reward?

George had knee Surgery Last year
His Recovery has been slower then Planed.
Ticats did want Rush him back
He been on the 9 game Disabled List Since Camp Broke.

He Maybe Back after Labour Day
The Doctors and Tranning Saff are keeping an eye on it…

But that’s my question… he was injured before the season even started… why sign him? Is the reward of him playing a few games this year worth the risk of signing a guy with chronic injury problems?

George was CFL All star at Center
He also Canadian.
He can also Play Guard and Tackle his Versatility makes him worth the Risk

Makes sense.

I’m not bashing him… just wondering if he’ll ever get back to form.

If he's on a 9 game disabled list, he doesn't count against the cap either.

There's no reason not to see if he can bounce back from injury and as someone above pointed out, good Canadians are hard to find.

An Argo-Cat fan

I met George's brother last Friday at the Sons of Butcher show. (He saw me wearing my Ticats jersey and asked me the score of the game that night.)

Big dude, with even bigger hair!

He was signed for three years before last season.

I would like to see the team wait for Hudson to heal, but there are limits to every situation,

Personally, I wouldn't wait beyond this season.

Are injured guys pay included in the salary cap? I would hope the CFL gives a sort of injured player buffer to the cap so that the team can easily add another player without going over.

(zenstate) Are injured guys pay included in the salary cap? I would hope the CFL gives a sort of injured player buffer to the cap so that the team can easily add another player without going over.
Very good point!