George Black....can't cover-up for Ireland and crew this...

Disgusting is the only word I can think of that would discribe how Jake Ireland and his crew "called" the game in Edmonton.
TV does not lie....
There is no way Black can cover-up for Ireland and his crew this time...period.
I counted 8 late hits on Maas...not called.
Or how about Loftus....3 spearing...not called.
Or Gass..2 spearing..not called.
Not to mention..I lost count..holding...not called.
Defencive Pass interfearance...3...not called.
Not including the one on the last play of the game.
Absolute B/S...
Never mind our GM going public about it.
Taaffe should hold a press meeting about it...
TO HELL WITH THE FINE.
Something has to be done about it.

:thdn:

refs betting?

pathetic is all i can say about the reffing.

I've decided not to support the CFL until there is an investigation into gambling by the officials.

that's a pretty serious indictment....shouldn't there be some hard proof and an official complaint first though?....investigations are usually caused by some clear, hard evidence and a complaint of one person doing something wrong.

"that's a pretty serious indictment....shouldn't there be some hard proof and an official complaint first though?....investigations are usually caused by some clear, hard evidence and a complaint of one person doing something wrong."
[/quote]
Do you have another explaination for the continuing poor calls, not just against us but game deciding calls in many games I have watched.

The explaination is that all the refs in the cfl are incompetent or have their heads up their arse.

Quit whinning . The Cats are a terrible team and have exactly as many wins as they deserve. There is no bias, incompitence definately but the officiating bias is all comming from those making such idiotic accusations

Argoconvert, are you saying that if Arland Bruce was speared in the back with a helmet and no flag was called, you would be ok with that? And are you saying that if Tony Miles had one of his hands held by a defender so he couldn't catch a catchable ball at a critical time late in a winnable game, you would be ok with that? That's exactly what happened to Ralph and Bauman last night, and we Ticat fans ARE NOT OK WITH THAT.

I'm sick of seeing refs stick it to Hamilton. In particular, Jake Ireland (who is so gutless he didn't overrule the officials who didn't throw flags in each above-mentioned circumstance). Mr. Young, please talk to the Commissoner about this. George Black is obviously ok with the refs being biased against the Ticats, so talking to him won't do a thing.

Mikey get real, every major pro sports league investigates their refs, coach's and players for gambling to make sure it doesn't go on, but of course the CFL is too cheap to do this and basically ignores that it might be going on and they act like they can care less. They need to start organizing meetings for this with everyone, players coach's refs, and they need to start hiring private investigators to look into their refs gambling habits etc.

and i'm not saying we lost because of the refs, we lost because of our predictable rink a dink passing attack.

First off I'm not an Argo fan. You are sadly mistaken before you even start. I am a Ticat fan and season ticket holder. As I said, quit whinning and play better. Every losing team gets more penalties because they are inherantly less able to play the game and commit more fouls. Its really that simple.

So sad, yet so true

What game were you watching? We were moving the ball through the air just fine. It would have been nice to use Dickerson a little more like Ray used McClendon, but Maas did put the team in positions to score using his arm and his legs.

It's not that simple as that's not really the point and what's been occurring.

Sure, the Cats deserve SOME penalties (the Armour roughing call leading directly to an Eskie TD was dubious) but it's the non-calls against the other team that are the killers. And it's occurred in numerous games. (ie, no holding vs Montreal - Als get TD to go ahead; no offensive interference in endzone against B.C. - leads to B.C. TD plus bogus spearing call on 3rd down gamble; lead in to late Bombers go-ahead TD when receiver obviously pushed the DB away - no call)

As many have mentioned, Maas was hit late a few times and Ireland is the one to call that but didn't... no calls.

Many obvious Eskie OL holds, again, mostly Ireland's call (also umpire)... no calls.

Brock was clearly speared, and late (he was already downed). Open field for all to see. No call.

French clearly had a DB all over him over the middle (mid 4th qtr). No call.

The obvious interference against Baumann at the end. No call.

How are these Hamilton's fault and "deserved"? Each could be seen as game determining and influential on the outcome.

And I don't buy the argument from some that if Baumann would have caught the previous pass, it would not have mattered. A penalty is a penalty and needs to be called when warranted.

Ideally, all sports leagues look for parity so games should be close, with any team able to beat any other team on a given day. Close games should not be determined by incompetent, inconsistent officiating.

Actually it is that simple. You are just looking for excuses. All teams are putting up with the same garbage officiating

No excuses, just reality, but like many of your other negative threads and trolls, you're all wet.

You said "Every losing team gets more penalties because they are inherantly less able to play the game and commit more fouls. Its really that simple"

Nothing to do with Cats getting more penalties (some questionable) but not having obvious ones not called on the other team.

Instead of blaming it all on the Cats, try answering how it's their fault when blatant bad calls are not made against the opposition, often at crucial times.

Was Brock speared or not? Was Baumann interfered with or not? (before you go off into your delusional world and try to deny it, the offending DB Morgan admitted (in the Edm Sun) he was desperate (he had a bad hamstring so was having problems), took a chance and got away with one).

Close (any) games should not be determined by anyone but the teams.

But "attack", bully and negatively rant away, it is what you do best.

(At least you admit the officiating is the pits. Some hope for you yet.)

Blatented calls are being missed against every team. That is the entire point. You aren't watching objectively

Very good post!
There are some atrocious calls being made and missed against all teams - that's the CFL, but it's the 'balance' of calls against the Tigercats that's out of whack and both network's commentators are making the point week after week. Something needs to be done about it.

I couldn't agree more.