Geoff Tisdale

Tisdale was on the field Thursday during the TiCats walk through doing solo drills in the end zone i really like this guys attitude i hope the workout lands him a roster spot.

After losing both (penciled in) CB starters we need help. :slight_smile:

Tisdale is not the answer. His tackling was not great when he was a young player. :roll:

Pat Lynch(the old guy)

I agree totally with your second sentence. On your first one, I'd say he might have to be, for now.

Tisdale was at camp Wednesday morning without pads and helmet. I watched him at mini camp and he was fairly effective. He is a victim of time and hopefully Page will recover before the start of the season.

I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Bucknor is on his way back to Tigertown after being released by the Bombers.

Another former Allwet DB is also available. Dominique Ellis was among their final cuts.
This from February of this year, when he was signed a day into free agency:

Ellis (5’11?, 185 lbs.) will return to the Alouettes for his third season. In 2015, the 26-year-old Wendell, NC native cumulated 45 defensive tackles and two interceptions. He had his best game on August 27 when he made six defensive tackles helping the Alouettes become the first team to beat the Hamilton Tiger-Cats at Tim Hortons Field.

“Dominique has continued to grow during his time with us. He had a stellar first year as a starter in 2015 and he brings an added value with attitude to our special teams,? declared Popp.

Nice call ^^^^^^^^

TiCats sign Dominique Ellis and Tisdale

TIGER-CATS SIGN DEFENSIVE BACKS TISDALE AND ELLIS

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Sunday that the football club has signed international free agent defensive backs Geoff Tisdale and Dominique Ellis.

Tisdale, 31, started four games for the Saskatchewan Roughriders in 2015, registering seven defensive tackles and one pass knock down. A veteran of eight CFL seasons (2008-15), the 5-11, 195-pound native of Pacoima, California, has appeared in 118 career games (115 starts), with the Tiger-Cats (2008-10, 2012), Calgary Stampeders (2011), Montreal Alouettes (2013-14) and Roughriders (2015).

Tisdale has accumulated 298 defensive tackles, 29 interceptions, 55 pass knock downs, three quarterback sacks, five tackles for loss, three fumble recoveries, one forced fumble and five defensive touchdowns (four interception returns, one fumble return) throughout his CFL career. The Pittsburg State product was named a CFL All-Star in 2013 after leading the league with seven interceptions, and is also a two-time East Division All-Star (2013, 2014).

Ellis, 26, appeared in all 18 games with the Montreal Alouettes last season, starting 13 times and posting 45 defensive tackles, two interceptions, three pass knock downs, two tackles for loss and one fumble recovery. He attended Montreal’s training camp in 2016 and was released yesterday (June 18). The 5-11, 185-pound native of Wendell, North Carolina, has appeared in 27 games with the Alouettes during his two-year CFL career. Prior to joining the CFL, Ellis spent time with the NFL’s Kansas City Chiefs and Buffalo Bills after three years at South Carolina State University (2009-11).

Makes more sense now as to why they cut every rookie DB it seems, or have I missed 1 or 2?

There's three on the practice roster.

Tisdale is a quality talent, but I hope him bouncing around so much has left him with good motivation. Obviously the coaches like what he still offers.

Welcome back Geoff Tisdale!!

I hope this time around it's more successful for you and you can add to the strength and experience of our defence this season.

We led the league last year in interceptions and were tied at the top in the CFL lets lead the league again
with picks, defensive TD's, knockdowns and tackles.

GO CATS GO!!!

Tisdale, I think, is still a good player. He has to prove he can cover in the new CFL with stricter illegal contact rules. That's why we cut him last season. But he's always been a ball hawk and he's got good size for a cornerback.

I agree, D+P, he's a player, lets grab the man while we can, and he's up against the same bunch of rules as everyone else is.

If his tackling skills aren't up to snuff, Orlando will teach him.

That's exactly what I remember - and one of the reasons that he didn't stick in Hamilton the last time around - too many DI penalties. Add to that the tighter control with the "no contact on receivers past 5 yards" and he could have the potential to be a "penalty machine". I really hope that I'm wrong - he is a good player as long as he can stay within the rules. If he doesn't, I don't think he'll last long and we could see one of two of those rookies return. I thought Trey Wolfe had a solid game on Friday and was surprised to see him cut. His disadvantage at the moment appears to be lack of experience.

Are 2 enough? Or, should the Cats make it 3? Montreal cornerbacks / DBs that is.
Herb Zurkowsky is the Montreal Gazette football reporter:

Herb Zurkowsky ?@HerbZurkowsky1 13h13 hours ago
Herb Zurkowsky Retweeted senseiblanco
Looks like the #Als have released boundary CB too.Herb Zurkowsky added,
senseiblanco @MP32white
Montreal Ima miss you.
1 retweet 0 likes

That's Mitchell White #32, the Als' boundary corner for the past couple of seasons.

He might be a feast-or-famine type of player: a guy who might get beaten in coverage a few times on a drive, but would then come up with a tide-turning interception later in the same drive. That was Tisdale at his best (and worst) in Montreal. But yeah, the new rules may be too much for him.

Over here in MTL, we seem to be trying to get quicker in the secondary, perhaps because of the new no-contact rules. Could the league be trending towards smaller DBs? Can Tisdale fit in? We'll see.

That's the Tisdale I remember as well. But I don't remember whether the good outweighed the bad. I suspect it didn't.

Here's hoping. Because the depth just doesn't seem to be there this year.

It is a nice situation the Cats are in to be able to pluck experienced DBs from other rosters...I love it!!!

We will take your cast offs Montreal and they will show you that you made a mistake :slight_smile:

We got a good season out of him in 2014, when the good (forcing turnovers) outweighed the bad (soft in press coverage). So hopefully he's motivated to regain that form.

You mean in Hamilton's secondary? With the pass rush you guys have, it's not like your DBs have to cover that long anyway. Steinauer has fielded a terrific defense every year he's been in Hamilton and I don't see that changing.