Genius Sports and CFL Stats

I think I might be missing the context here? Can you help?

If you mean that statement literally, read on please.

Counterpoint
Did you forget already these last three years during the pandemic and some of the, shall we say, more than “interesting” periods? Of course there was also the spring of 2019 one year before that included the delusional AAF crowd of the budding new Spring Football Echo Chamber amongst other unfunny clown acts.
:unamused:

Oh I agree with you I like more activity too, but be careful what you wish for!

2 Likes

spring football echo chamber should be a league name or something. lol

i still can’t believe i managed to use CFL and the word genius in a thread title…

2 Likes

@Paolo_X is back and in force expressing opinions about Disney - That is what I am talking about -

2 Likes

I don’t think that the term “Echo Chamber” can be limited to just spring leagues - Much of what is said is echo chamber here -

3 Likes

i just read somewhere that Paolo_X is has an alter ego new superhero character called Owl Man in the marvel universe :owl:

fighting for the freedom of spring football fans everywhere and putting an end to hub league nonsense! :joy:

2 Likes

Yes indeed, you reasoned and drew accurate conclusions again.

I shall only rest when that hub league crap is OFF the regular broadcast TV channels AND one of my demands are met so as to expose that hub league CRAP for what it really is - football diarrhoea!

And for the vocal and delusional bojack loser fans in the Spring Football Echo Chamber like especially on the USFL’s Facebook page, oh well they can crash and burn for good somewhere much as they should have done right after they went really, really quiet here once their vaunted AAF failed in 2019.

I don’t care about those people in any case unless they drop their hub league act RIGHT NOW and give the XFL or the CFL a fair shot and never look back to such a hub league and any such football diarrhoea. The weather will be great too, so just go outside and have more fun already you fools!

YEAHHHH!

For those wondering, as depicted below is not me.

Even so, I could go for this for my next paid employment too you know minus a super tight costume and just some good cargo or athletic pants to go with a tactical pullover.

And yes, give me that cape and cowl alright, and I’ll add Batman to my contacts too.

Also I want more light, yet strong metal and kevlar and boron and an overall meaner superhero uniform with plenty of sleek holders and holsters for weapons too to match that belt, but mine shall have a football buckle not a basketball of course.

4 Likes

my god a cannot stop laughing how am i going to drink my coffee :joy:

3 Likes

btw, your superhero name really has to be Superb Owl

i hear disney already has an action figure and lego kits in the works.

i want the Bojack villain football hub league lego kit myself

3 Likes

Did the CFL ever announce the new TV Deal for the States? Or did I miss something?

1 Like

The deal’s not completed yet but I’m hoping that sometime in the not-too-distant future, we’ll make that announcement. That’s going to be a real step forward for us,” Ambrosie said. “Obviously, our number one priority is growing and building our fan base in Canada — we’re going to focus on that — but [the United States is] the biggest football market in the world and half of our players come out of that ecosystem, so we need to take advantage of that.”

The CFL has sold its US television rights to ESPN for the past number of years, though they’ve done so mostly to gain exposure south of the border. According to 3DownNation reporter John Hodge, the deal is worth between $100,000 to $200,000 USD annually, which is paltry compared to the approximately $50 million CAD the league reportedly receives from TSN each year to be its exclusive Canadian broadcasting partner.

3 Likes

air is getting hot in here again

3 Likes

I have a feeling they’ll stick with ESPN, but now see more games televised on FX as opposed to ESPN News. With the XFL games bringing over 500k to a network that’s best known for “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” I can see the CFL netting 250k+ with some promotion on there.

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see if Disney does put them on FX vs ESPN News - You would think that they would be able to pull numbers as you say in the 250K range. And with the overlap of the USFL and the CFL for three weeks why not put CFL games on that to counter program against the Hub League/USFL?

2 Likes

I wonder when they are going to finally kick loose with the information on this one. I was thinking it was going to be done in the middle of January some time.

3 Likes

i think CFL ops is at a standstill this off-season to save money.

3 Likes

To save money? Or because they are in over their heads?

4 Likes

Well to be fair, they did have (yet) another fire that needed putting out. I don’t know if the Alouettes ownership situation affected those US broadcast rights negotiations, but if that uncertainty was a sticking point, then maybe it gets agreed on soon.

4 Likes

I think they had it wrapped up a while ago. In my opinion they are waiting for a slow news day.

2 Likes

that is a really good point.

1 Like

In my experience, while all businesses have little fires, the businesses who seem to experience more/larger fires are the ones who can’t figure out how not to throw grease on the stove.

4 Likes