Gene Simmons (KISS) doing the coin toss for Ticats/Lions

Maritime roots? Did she live in Nova Scotia, PEI, or New Brunswick too? NFLD is part of Atlantic Canada, but not Maritimes.

Exactly. The area was named the Maritimes to represent the eastern part of Canada. Newfoundland wasn’t part of Canada until about 82 years after nationhood.

Yes it sure was. Better than the commentators would have done.

But the whole time they were being interviewed, all I could think was, “SHOW THE REPLAY, DAMMIT!” Eventually got to see it after the TD, but still…

Do you guys really care where this talentless person comes from. You are so typically Canadian - excited because someone from Hollywood, comes to pay us a visit, and you found out that she lived in Canada once upon a time but now a US citizen? Unbelievable
Hey I can understand the interest in Gene, he’s got talent and part of a great group but come on plse leave his wife out of this.

I wouldn’t get too upset and bent out of shape Med-Girl…we’re just having a bit of fun…if it is really that upsetting to you, don’t open the thread anymore . It will go away like every other thread does eventually.

Cheers! 8)

Can’t speak for everyone else, but I don’t care much about KISS at all and care even less about common law spouses of KISS members. I do care that people use terminology correctly, though. Atlantic Canada and the Maritimes are not the same thing. That makes me a typical pedant, not a typical Canadian.

I never watch the show and could care less about her. I was simply commenting that Newfoundland is certainly not part of the Maritimes.

I never admire anyone from film or tv because of where they’re from. Thats just silly. The Canadian stars I like are because I like their talent and they happen to be Canadian. With football though even as much as I try not to I do tend to favour Canadian players. Not that I cheer for them more than the Americans but they are simply more a part of the Canadian football tradition.

If you’re curious but not enough so to read her book, he played for the Rough Riders, not the Roughriders, and his name is:

http://www.fanbase.com/1-Ron-Foxx

Leave her out of what?

Not sure what your point is.

This thread is about Gene Simmons’ appearance at the game for the coin toss. He was there with Shannon Tweed and their children, where they were later interviewed live on TSN and Shannon got a chance to promote her book and mentioned a CFL anecdote. What’s the big deal? Am I missing something?

If anyone is excited about Shannon Tweed, I assume it’s more because she was a Playboy Bunny than the fact that she is visiting from Hollywood.

The interview may have been what allowed Williams' play to stand. If TSN had shown the replay, the coaches in the booth might have told Wally to challenge. Depending on whether they already had access to other replays.

In that case, rock on!