GEEZ!! You go away for awhile and......

What happened to this site?
I went away for awhile (sulking 'cuz my team is gone…forever??) and everything has changed!!
I even had to update my profile and select a team dammit!!..but I don’t want to select a team, 'cuz we ain’t got no team anymore! :frowning:

When did this all change…and is it for the better?

Go Rens Go!! (oops, I forgot :oops: )

Hope you all enjoy your teams…lucky buggers.

Cheer on your former stars in Joseph and Armstead and come down to riderville, you won't be disappointed.

Supersmith, this season, you can temporarily cheer for the ex-Rens. That allows you to cheer for whatever team you like. Of course, I'd also welcome you to cheer for the birds, but I doubt an Ottawa supporter would do that.

This site has evolved. It is now pretty good. Wait till you see the Live Play-by-Play. Now THAT is an improvement over last year.

Huh? I don't remember having to make any updates or select a team. Or is my computer just slow? :slight_smile:

I with you Supersmith. While this is nice...it feels so sanitized....Before I could feel the warth of the posters, the passion....now its just like reading a newspaper. Oh well, maybe I'll feel better when the regular season starts....

But a newspaper has a nice feel to it in your hands unlike a computer Sportsmen. A computer is sanitized IMO.

Yep back from end of last season and things sure have changed

...nice to hear from you super....good to see you're keeping in touch...the powers that be... sure have picked things up on the site..and all for the better... :thup:

[quote="Third_And_Ten"][color=darkred]Supersmith, this season, you can temporarily cheer for the ex-Rens. That allows you to cheer for whatever team you like. Of course, I'd also welcome you to cheer for the birds, but I doubt an Ottawa supporter would do that. quote]

I'm a staunch Ottawa supporter and my second team has always been Montreal. I hope Monteral kicks everybody's butts and wins the Grey Cup. I use to love the old green and white uniforms from the early 70's, by the way. Montreal doesn't have any ex-Ottawa players and I don't care.

We are the ones who picked the most Ottawa players in the dispersal draft. Our most notorious ex-Rens are Kai Ellis, Jerome Haywood and Gregg Moss.

Sorry, I didn't realize that. I've been out of the loop since the Renegades folded. :?

T & T, as much as I find it hard to cheer for any other team than our own (oh well, at least I can cheer for my son's Pee Wee team), I will cheer for the Als.
I am over the denial stage right now, and am applying "hindsight-bias" in looking back over the last four years of Renegades (yuck I hate that name now)football and realizing that everything was done too fast, too wrong, and with not enough resources. We were duped. It's over, and when we come back, it will be done right and we will have a stable franchise with the original name.
I was planning on boycotting the League altogether, but I can't go without watching the CFL again (like the 1st time we lost our "real" Rough Rider team). This time is different; I have to set an example to my son so that he doesn't have a "hate-on" for Canadian football. It is my responsibilty to show him that the CFL is a great game. It's Canada's game, he is a fan now, and I don't want to change that.

I tell ya one thing though, I sure am happy we went to games together. He really enjoyed it. But it will happen again.

P.S., Eric Tillman is putting the odds at 70% that we will have a team next season, and 100 % in two years. And I heard him say that on the radio this week AFTER I made my decision not to boycott.

...SOUNDS GOOD SUPER....i wish you guys all the luck in the world in getting your franchise back....IT WILL HAPPEN... :thup:

Mhhhhh....

.... okay.... scratch Greg Moss' name off that list...

welcome back mate, it is I, Kanga-Kucha!

PS

Ottawa will be back in 2007, no worries! :wink:

....i think the Bombers also picked up a few rens'...Khan..Grant...and Banks..(and i think i missed a few)...but as of today we might have to scratch Banks off of our list....as it appears the Bombers are shopping Brad around...hmmmmm :?