GDT: Ticats @ Bombers

Masoli did what he could.....Bombers had a pretty good pass rush going on him, all nite. Jeffcoat was in there continually. The blocking from the OT's and running backs, was none too good.

Hall (who I am not that enamored with) has actually made some adjustments since the first Hamilton game:

Widening the D line sets, so that Bighill and Santos Knox have more than 1 blitzing lane option. With that front 4, they have really brought the pressure, last 3 games....

Ditching a certain amount of the soft zone umbrella coverage in the back end. More downhill movement to the ball by the DB's

Also being able to move Moe L. back to OLB, (Fenner injury) made for a pretty effective and versatile linebacker group, last nite.

Come on over Earl. We haven’t won the cup longer than Hamilton hasn’t ;D.

Just great stuff to see how Winnipeg has stuck with O'Shea though. I honestly hope he wins the GC some day as a head coach.

::slight_smile:

To me, sticking with a crew is the only way to win any championship, unless of course you are the Argos or one of the other darlings in this league.

We have seen what happens when you don’t fire your coach every 2nd year. It’s called continuity. It’s called consistency. Of course you will struggle. We still have to play the darlings and the other teams that want to win too.

Agree O’shea with more experience is getting better and you see it with his analysis of talent .

He will be a better tactician as time goes on . Continuity with him despite the disappointment strengthens that team in the end .

He has respect as a former player and is a Canadian that respects Canadians .

In terms of what I want as a coach it’s him and Dickenson at the top . Both have had disappointments but soldier on with what they got and rebound back from falls quickly .