GDT: ORBs @ Stamps

Do we see Arbuckle?

Can he escape pressure better than Bo? He’s not getting much time to throw the ball here.

Nice win by the Redblacks .

YES!!! REDDDDBLLAAAACCCKKKSSSS

What a surprise the guy that had no business even playing in this game in the first place gets the game saving int .Looks good on ya Randy !!! ::slight_smile:

Well, I completely blew that one. Couldn’t be more wrong, and deserve all the derision coming my way.

My only complaint…in Middle School and High School ball, when kids are just teenagers, the receivers are taught not to stop IN FRONT of the sticks. NEVER wait for the pass on the short side of the first down line. Calgary’s receivers did this over and over again.

The D had a pretty decent game, particularly Roberson. Three picks, and could have had one or two more.

Hats off to Ottawa’s coaches. Came with the right game plan, and the team never quit. The Redblacks deserved it.

Yup - the league really dropped the ball on that appeal! Pushing refs is now acceptable behaviour if you’re upset!

Wonder if the Stamps are going to be more vulnerable than some thought they’d be. Not like them to lose at home in week 1 to an EASTERN team! :o :o

Maybe it’s Ottawa that deserves a more respect.

That was a late hit by Greenwood on Madu . He was down no need for that shoulder hit .

Glad the RB’s pulled it out .

How sweet it is. 8)

This tread makes for a fun read :slight_smile:

What! According to Suiter all Calgary’s wins over the last number of years have been due to BLM so the Stamps shouldn’t have needed better receivers - just Bo to win.

Was at the game and to see the disappointment in the eyes of the fans was well worth the price of admission. Calgary scored 22 points on turn overs…with out that they would have been creamed…

I don’t blame Mr. Ambrosie as much as I blame the players association. But I absolutely agree, Rose shouldn’t have even been in a uniform. But that’s probably just me whining.

Man, you nearly nailed it! Well done!

OTT QB Dom Davis gets the win over Grey Cup Champs,

With the outstanding QB stats of 4 INT’s and 0 TD’s. :o

Also

The two $725K/yr QB’s both took losses last night. :wink:

Great way to start the season for the REDBLACKS, I am sure Calgary is concerned about lack of scoring by the offence, BLM looked a bit out of sorts for most of the 2nd half,

Super win for the RBs on the road agains’t a super team. Davis looks like the real deal. And while I’m at it, another very entertaining game in BC, Andrew Harris and the ground game pounded the Leos.

Well said.

Fortunately, it appears to be fixable with a little coaching (and maybe a little fishing in the wide receiver free agent pond).

Receivers kept stopping short of the first down stick. Ron White says you can’t fix stupid, but I think a little time with Papa Dickenson might be a cure.

Mitchell looked good (even though his numbers don’t reflect it), and Don Jackson even impressed me with some hard second effort, so I don’t think there’s anything terminal here. However, I think even Dickenson can be taught something every once in a while. Last night’s lesson: Bo knows football, but Bo don’t know short yardage plunges. Dickenson is too smart to make the same mistake again. Arbuckle to the rescue.

I was reminded of that football movie “The Replacements,” where quarterback Keanu Reaves got so frustrated with his fast receiver repeatedly dropping passes that on the next play he drills the receiver and the ball gets stuck in his face mask. Maybe Mitchell needs to plow somebody in the face mask to get them to hang on. Either that or elevate Braverman to the starting lineup.

I still can’t understand how the CGY defense was able to bag 4 interceptions and still give up three touchdowns. (The field goals I understand…it’s Lewis Ward, after all. I’m pretty sure you could put him in the parking lot and he’d still make 8 out of 10 kicks).

Rough start, but just an eye opener. Good team, good system, great coaches…it’ll get fixed.