GDT: Bombers @ Als

Loffler with Blue 5th turnover of game

Goodnight Montreal!

Gord Miller was just awful tonight. Constantly misidentifying the team names, lot of wrong information. Miller is usually one of their better play by play guys but was totally off tonight.

Game was closer than it should've been. Credit the Als defense for keeping the Bombers out of the endzone three times early and putting the Als in a position to catch up and even have the lead for a chunk of that first half.

Glad to have Johnny Adams back. Other than the PI call, he kept Duron to a non factor tonight.

Considering the Bombers are down 3 starting receivers I don't know how anyone can complain about the results from Nicholls.

Gord Miller on his worst day is better than the other guy (he replaced) on his best!
But I agree tonite was not a particularly great outing for G Miller! (Still 5x better than the mope he replaced)

Ole Gord forgot Duane Forde’s name in the opening introduction. Duane just smiled. Maybe there’s a green room for these guys and Gord got there early.

....Was Miller drunk.....he sounded like Cactus Jack in a long gone by era....wrong team confusion and poor over all...The search for Blacks replacement continues...Bombers are a very solid club...anyone thinking any different better think again...Harris and the Bomber D did the deed.... Loffler is a star in this league in the making..a rook who I picked as one of the best drat choices we've made in a very long time..Als. defence kept them in the game without that they were done in the first quarter... :wink: Good win :thup:

Yup,the Als D in the red zone kept them in the game.Nice game by Harris.Loffler has to be permanent. This D is real and dangerous. Our kicker is worth the $. Nichols may not be spectacular but he is very serviceable in this system.On to the city whose name shall not be spoken. :thup:

I felt he played the right game to win. Like Matt and Milt said, two good Ds means the QBs have to play smart. Nichols did. Glenn didn’t. Nichols is a smart QB.

After Harris fumbled I thought we will now see if he bounces back or tapers off. Well, Andrew Harris is a hell of a ball player. He played better. Nice to see !

Regardless of how badly the riders get hog-slaughtered tonite in Edmonton - the Pigpen (Mosaic) will be adrift with buzzards, drunks, scowlers and full borne angries next week when Winnipeg visits.
If Durant lays down one of his rare golden goose games the bombers will be hard-pressed to emerge with the duke!

Bombers really dug deep on D in this one. Held the Als in check pretty well.

Wouldn’t that be something if TSN tall foreheads were starting to clean out the riff-raff in their broadcast ranks. (ie. Black, Schultzie, even Forde or Suits)
However, other than Dunigan they really don’t have another quality color man in the bullpen.
I also suspect we’re over-thinking Black being hooked off pbp and Schultzie being absent from panel.
Schultzie had a death in the family - he probably needed some time to grieve - perhaps the entire summer; Black was obviously in over his head and one of the management guys probably noticed (or read the e-mail complaints) so Gord Miller or Matt Devlin had to be rushed into service.
Wouldn’t have any problems whatsoever if TSN took Schultzie off the panel, elevated Dunigan to color and had 3 solid pbp guys in Cuthbert, Miller & perhaps Mark Lee (who was the star of CBC’s Olympic cover, of that there can be no question)

As far as panelists are concerned - well, next year Hank Burris might want on (although I think the guy can take top paycheques from various teams the next couple years) - - - - then there’s Doug Brown, Chris Walby, a few others.

Good to shake things up. But I have to believe the form chart holds - Black will be back in a week or two and Schultzie will give it another go fairly soon! :cowboy:

As far as panelists are concerned for next year and yer 3 choices : 3 SIMPLE WORDS LYLE- NO! NO ! and NO ! :rockin:

Hank BurrisHELL NO !!!…It would be too hard for “Humble” Hank to talk about anyone but himself and we already have Milt to handle that department. :cowboy:

Doug BrownHELL NO !!!…We already have Climie on board as the resident hater of Cats and all things Hamilton :cowboy:

Chris WalbyHELL NO !!!…Only if Chris has had an operation to have the marbles removed from his mouth to prevent further mumbling. Besides Dunigan with his southern drawl already has this department well covered. :cowboy:

Doug Brown doesn’t hate the Cats , relax ! :roll:
Brown would be great, very polished and knows his stuff.

....I can see Henry B. getting a shot after he pulls the pin on his amazing career...You know the one where he single handedly saved numerous CFL franchises from going under...Maybe he'll be the saviour of tsn...who knows..............(I kid..I kid)...Burris has the temperament for a media man BUT he might get into it too heavy with the likes of Dunigan and Milt...Might good for a laugh or two :lol: