GDT: Alouettes @ Roughriders September 14th!

Two teams that in July weren’t thought capable of having a real chance to be there competing for Lord Grey’s Cup in November, two QBs with few fans other than sundry girlfriends earlier this season, and now they’ll be meeting up in Regina later today with something on the line! Who will win this tilt between the previously overlooked?

???

I’m looking forward to a tough, physical matchup. It could very well be a Grey Cup preview.

34-27 Montreal

Last game between the two, the Riders offence scored 3 points in a little more than 2 Q.
27 20 Montréal.

Last game between these two teams was a complete snore fest. However, since that game the Alouettes have demonstrated they’re a contender while Saskatchewan demonstrated they couldn’t beat a contender even with seven offensive starters missing from the line-up.

Montreal 30 - Saskatchewan 15

Um you do realize they split with Winnipeg right? Hahaha

That in no way mitigates what I wrote. The Winnipeg Blue Bombers beat the bejesus outta the riders while missing seven offensive starters.

And of course you do realise the riders squeaked out a two point victory on a last second FG, at home, versus a team missing their starting RB, arguably the best RB in the league, and their starting QB. Hahaha

They played who was in front of them. The best rb is the league is now a proven cheater. Will see how good he is now that he cant use PEDs.

LOL. Yes, we’ll see.

Sask might have a tougher test this time with Adams and Stanback in there, but they are at home. Montreal’s pass defence has to play better to win. Both teams are exceeding expectations but are at times very flawed. The Als without Adams are terrible and Sask’s offence is overrated. That said they both find ways to win.
Tough one to call.
Als 28
Sask 21

I don’t understand the thinking that SSK is somehow not a contender. They have been quietly racking up the wins over the past month. I’d love my Als to win, but on the road in a tough venue, I don’t think they will.

Als will win this one by a 14 point margin…minimum.

I’ll go 28 - 10 Montreal.

And Posey.

Saskatchewan is slightly over-rated. Montreal is slightly under-rated. There are four other teams with the same or fewer losses than the riders and four that are worse. That’s a reality.

As you edited your comment you said falsely the Riders showed they couldn’t beat a team blah blah blah. Facts are they did beat Winnipeg the week before and were leading for most of the game aside from that td with 3 mins left. The riders then retook the lead and won. You clearly don’t understand the game. The Riders played very conservatively in the LDC as they held the lead and Winnipeg wasn’t really able to establish anything offensively.

As for the Banjo Bowl, it’s always difficult to sweep a home and home and all teams have injuries. The Riders are still 6-1 in the last 7.

Falsely? LOL. What I said was “The Winnipeg Blue Bombers beat the bejesus outta the riders while missing seven offensive starters? and “the riders squeaked out a two point victory on a last second FG, at home, versus a team missing their starting RB, arguably the best RB in the league, and their starting QB?

Nothing false about either of those comments. But great ad hominem there sport.

True, but the Riders have been winning recently (the Banjo Bowl loss aside). In any case, we’ll see very shortly how each team is trending.

Gainey is one of the most annoying players in the league, just shut up and play!

Great patience on Adams for that throw to Mathews . I thought he’s hanging on too long and going to lose it .

I was wrong .

Another red-zone pass that was late and behind the receiver … lucky the DB wasn’t badly beaten or he would have had an interception … take a deep breath Vernon … strikes me as nerves/excitement … other passes have been OK