GDT: Alouettes @ RedBlacks July 13th!

2 hours

Actually most people probably thought that Ottawa would struggle because of the talent that they let walk, but then they came out in the first two weeks and won games that most didn’t think they would, including beating Calgary in Calgary!! That made some naysayers think that they might be a decent team. However Montreal is looking better than most expected and Davis is looking more like the QB that many thought he’d be.

I’m guessing that having a former QB like Jones as his HC is a benefit to Adams - or maybe like Masoli, he’s a bit of a “late bloomer” and is finally hitting his stride as a QB.

Is he really? This was his seventh start.

I generally refer to the first two weeks of the season as “The Crapshoot”. It pretty much pre-season games that happen to count in the standings. So you can pretty much throw out those results, and anything after is probably a better indication where teams are really at.

Gonna be one of those kinda seasons, eh?

Looks like Montreal finally has a quarterback, Adams is proving to be ready to take. That next step. Funny why the riders couldn’t pick up on that. I guess if he played defence they might have noticed.

The way Ottawa played at the end of each half says everything you need to know about this year’s team. Poorly coached, poorly quarterbacked.

Poor.

Would it kill people to give Montreal a little credit. It was pretty easy to see last year they had some talent and now it’s finally starting to show through. Add some confidence and what looks like some burgeoning fan support, saw lots of Als fans in Ottawa, this “trainwreck” is back on the tracks.

I have to say it was an entertaining game. Montreal has a lot of pride, you could see it in their play. Big Montreal section at the game. I like their chances. Wouldn’t rule out Ottawa but east looks like a 2 horse race right now. Al’s vs the Peg. That should be fun.

I don’t know, and I don’t want to find out.

Campbell was classy in his postgame comments. Talked about how they had stuff to fix but also gave Montreal credit. Noted that when his team wins, he always thinks they had a lot to do with it (inference: be gracious and let other teams take credit for their own wins). That’s how you do it, rest of league.

Fans can get pretty wrapped up in their own team’s struggles, to the point where it almost seems like winning and losing is 100% related to where their team is at. The other team gets paid to play too, you know. :slight_smile:

Agreed and well said. Give the Als credit. They worked for it. ORBs didn’t.

Nice to hear … he normally strikes me as a bit smug … and living in Ottawa I hear him fairly often

Yes, Montreal was better than Ottawa, much. Montreal was strong, Ottawa weak, and the result was a seventeen point defeat. Give Montreal credit, but be accountable: Ottawa was bad.