Gavin Walls Traded to Montreal & Released

talk about the classic case of, "he's not a bomber anymore so he sucks" syndrom

if anything i would say its a classic case of the name on the back of the jersey meaning more than the team logo on the jersey but whatever… who said walls sucked?

fact is this move was allowed to happen because we have a plethora of young defensive ends in ortiz, willis and hunt who all looked good when they played.

Defensive End and rb are the 2 easiest positions to fill on a football team.

Dont understand why people get their undies in a bunch because we trade 1 guy and anyone else see this but when i first saw the story, it said bombers complete trade with alouettes. Keyword… COMPLETE meaning id have to agree with blue blood about this being part of the santos deal.

Why act like gavin was our cam wake tho when he wasnt. Seriously.

People complained so much about our team sucking last year… they release some players from last years team and like wah wah wah… i dont get it. Some bomber fans will never be happy.

you seriously need to start acting like an adult, or nobody is going to read any of your posts

ok go cry about wanting explanations in febuary then. i suppose whining and moaning about every move the bombers make is acting adult. maaan, really... its febuary. WHO HONESTLY GIVES A CRAP.

I fail to see why it matters what month of the year it is when they release your best DB??? please explain it to me why its any different now than it would be in March, or June, or May???? actually dont.... im tired of reading your increadibly immature posts...

why should me as a fan care if the bombers release a player.. what say do i have.. u act like u have some sort of say because u buy season tickets and call me immature? like seriously dude, grow up and realize its just a sport and not life and death for gods sake.

Just cuz somebody is released doesnt mean the team is gonna suck.. i see ur posts on ourbombers.com

its the same whiney, well they should have told us why crap it always is on there.. u think they owe u something when in reality they dont.

u have a choice to buy a ticket or not... they dont owe u anything. stop pretending they do.

Gavin Walls was one of best players on team. Lapolice is showing he is incompetant. It is all starting to show.

Some are saying Bombers are not in good financal shape. Maybe it is time to consider buying more tickets to support the incompetance. Gavin Walls was one of the best. The team is gonna suck. Just wait when Asper / Canwest takes over. We will not have any financial problems.

those people saying that dont have a clue and i agree people do need to buy more tickets. i have tickets thanks, i support the bombers, i dont care if they win or lose, ill support em. im tired of hearing about this, canwest? dude ur a troll obviously cuz its nothing to do with canwest… financial problems? why cuz we release a guy who was probably getting paid more than doug brown in lenny walls and a guy who is coming off an injury or cuz lapo said we feel that money can be better spent elsewhere? WHERES the proof of this finanical mess 5 people on message boards talk of? DID we have a bad last season? sure did, was the attendance low at times? YOU BET… are our ticket prices probablly cheaper than the rest of the league? more than likely… maybe not tho, SHOW me some proof that we have cap problems and ill get back to you, until then… think about this… IF IF IF YOU TRULY ARE A BOMBER FAN… why do you always have to look at the glass half empty? THAS THE PROBLEM here in wpg, too many bandwagon fans, its true… WHEN we win, we sell out and draw 27000 ++++ every game really, when we lose, that drops significantly… LOTS OF part time fans here. If you are a bomber fan, support your team. If not, stop coming up with ridiculous doomsday theories and all sorts of crap that just effects them in a negative light… LISTEN TO SOME PAUL MCKENNA and turn that negativity into positive energy.

New twist. Gavin Walls isn't listed on the Montreal roster anymore and is shown as a FA at CFL.ca.

Gavin Walls was released by the Als:
[url]Home | Montreal Gazette | Montreal Gazette

Als are trying to re-sign him to a new contract.

Guess his current price was even too steep for Popp.

The Sun says he was making $120,000/season which is more than what the Gazette is reporting unless the Gazette isn't including the amount of the bonus as part of his salary.

Can't help but feel badly for Gavin...I get that it's a business, but I hope his career isn`t done.

...It's obviously coming to light that Gavin was unaffordable....It does hurt these guys when the bonus is denied one way or the other....BUT IT IS a business....Certainly there has to be a certain amount of sympathy for a players position when this occurs but it quickly subsides with me, when i recall other players waving the big nfl cheque as they're heading down the road....Business is business :wink: ..I guess we would have won the trade with the ALS. ,if Walls doesn't re-sign with Popp and company....Something that doesn't happen that often :roll: ...I get a kick out of how the gazette, out of Mont. tries to portray Van Schiem as some sort of 'totall lost cause player' with regards to the trade :lol: :lol: I guess that soothes them a bit... :lol:

it would be funny if we re-signed him to a cheaper contract lol

but he wont be done.... rooughriders and BC both need a good DE, and Gavin is pretty darn good

he would also be an upgrade to many other teams as well

I could also see the Riders giving him a call.

He's a little older than you'd like, but a Gavin Walls/Joe Sykes set of ends wouldn't be horrible.

Quite possible, twitter is saying the Riders just signed Goodspeed. Taman likes his boys. :wink:

Gavin Walls has filed a grievance with the CFLPA. This whole game teams are playing with the bonus thing needs to go. Contracts should be split in 18 cheques without exceptions.