Gass Suspended

Isn’t he the newest Finnish ski-jump champion?

Sigpig - that actually had me chuckling.

As for those predicting a huge game by Lumsden - it may happen, but don't count those chickens before they're hatched. The Esks have the game film from last week and they will be planning for Jesse. We may end up having a huge passing week while the Esks are busy packing the box to stop the run.

I mean, either way...

anybody got a clip of the scuffle? i didnt get to watch it

Here ya go:

[url=http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=18940]http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?name=PNp ... ic&t=18940[/url]

We played the Peg 2 weeks in a row and they were not able to stop Lumsden.

Prior to playing Hamilton the last two weeks, Winnipeg was # 2 against the run. They are now # 6. Guess who # 8 is? Their initials are EE.

and that #8 ranked team against the run is now without 2 starting linebackers and are against the #1 back in the league right now

It's official, the most over-rated player torch has been passed from Trevor Kidd to AJ Gass.
Will Machiocca have the same sense as Buono and dump him on the arena bowl heap?

That's Too bad
I wanted to see Jessie Run him over.
On the Bright side
They Still have Come Here.
Gass Will be back Then and Jessie can do it at home

I didn't see the game but, watching the clip, the helmet toss was only a small part of it.

After tossing the helmet he ran back up to the pack and a kicked a guy that was sitting on the ground in the back. Kicking a guy on the ground - look like that's becoming a certain someone's signature move.

Not to mention the fact that he didn't just throw the helmet - he grabbed that helmet by the face mask while the guy was still wearing it and yanked it as hard as he could.

I guess this is old news now but, after seeing the clip, it's hard to believe that so many of the esksfans folks are defending him.

Esk’s fans will defend him with their dying breath. I don’t get it, it’s almost like they are proud to house one of the league’s biggest garbage heap.

Gass is an (substitute for donkey)

The word around Edmonton, at least according to 630 CHED (Edmonton's version of 900 CHML) is that Gass will probably appeal the suspension, which will enable him to play this Saturday.

Gass throwing that helmet could have done serious damage to anyone in the way, with fans being a real possibility, if he wasn't suspended the league would have a whole lot of angry fans knocking at their door.

I think Anderson should be suspended as well, he’s a firey player and is learning but he took it too far and he too should be disciplined.

I tend to agree, even though I am a staunch Ticat supporter. Wrong is wrong and Anderson went too far.

I would hope however, that unlike Gass, Anderson will learn that their are certain parameters in the game which must be adhered to by ALL players.

Does anybody know if that comment from the radio station is fact? It was my understanding that appeals had to be heard before the next game in the CFL. I’m no official PA source, but, does anybody know for sure what the actual process is?

Great to see the CF "bush" League Officiating going to such great lengths to PROTECT a HELMET from being scuffed !!!

Meanwhile there is a WR for the Bombers who is facing several weeks of REHAB wondering which WWE Superstar laid him out !!

What a JOKE !! The guy was ALREADY EJECTED from the game for crying out loud ... and they ADD another !!??
Yet, ANOTHER example of the WORSTE OFFICIATING of any pro sport on the planet.

This suspension was more to do with PAST history than the ACTUAL EVENT ... which is plain WRONG !!

Peace.

sorry, double hit of the submit.

From the Edmonton Sun,

Gass could appeal the suspension and a hearing could take place in the next 10 days allowing him to play Saturday night against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
[b]And from the Edmonton Journal[/b],
Gass still has the option of appealing the punishment in a formal hearing, but it appears he'll miss Saturday's game against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
So take from that, what you will.

The usual confusion, it seems.

According to my old man, he was watching The Score and they announced that he did infact appeal and will be playing Saturday.

Is it just me or does the appeal process of suspensions in most major sports sort of rub you the wrong way? I am sure there are times when an appeal is valid and the result is a reduction in the suspension, but in this case, it just doesn’t seem warranted.

A.J. Gass acted like an out of control lunatic on the field last week, ripped someones helmet off and threw it 35 yards. If his release point is a fraction of an inch different it lands in the benches or in the stands where it could have done major damage.

The league has rewarded this type of helmet tossing behaviour with one-game suspensions in the past. So it seems pretty cut-and-dry to me. So A.J. appeals the suspension solely because his team is in a must-win situation this weekend to avoid a three game losing streak.

I don’t care if he plays against the Ticats or not, Jesse is going to run over and around him. It just rubs me the wrong way I suppose.

It is like this in other sports as well. You know if the Yankees were playing the Red Sox this weekend Roger Clemens would appeal his suspension for beaning Alex Rios too.

Oh well …

• paul