Gass decision overturned

[url=http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=0b9c30ce-b479-4005-aef6-a381de2c5182&k=35141]http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/n ... 82&k=35141[/url]

What.....A.....Joke.

Would love to have the Caretaker comment on this one.

What the big deal?? sounds fair to me.

Gass said itwas a little extreme ...the one game suspension...

Ripping a helmut off a players head and throwing it is a little extreme ...

This is Gass out the CFL's arse :thdn:

There wasn't enough visual evidence lol

Why should Gass' penalty be greater than the 15 yds the Montreal player received for the facemasking penalty last game? You remember it? The play when he tried to break off the TiCat players head and throw the helmet with the head in it, back 10 yards.

The precedent has now been sent that if you throw a helmet 20 yards its ok, as long as it doesnt hit anyone... are you kidding me?

The facemask came during a football play and was part of the game, the throwing of a helmet happened during a brawl.

HUGE difference.

Irrelevant difference!

Both actions deserved more severe penalty, including suspension.

Gimme a Fr-Eakin BREAK !! The guy was EJECTED for the game for crying out loud, and he will PAY a FINE … which is JUST, FAIR, and REASONABLE …

GOOD CALL !!

Peace.[/img]

Yes and Mean wasnt it you who said that when Gass led with his helmet and hit Danny Mac on the chin that that was a good hit as well ??

He`s a dirty player and this will just encourage more of the same from him . He should of served his suspension when it was given to him .

This whole thing makes the CFL look like a joke . They cant see an obvious pass interferance call at a crucial point late in a game that cost us a win , Now they cant even suspend a player for doing something stupid !!!!!
Yes and Mean wasnt it you who said that when Gass led with his helmet and hit Danny Mac on the chin that that was a good hit as well ??
Hey habdude, long time no chat ... to be PERFECTLY honest, I don't remember saying that which you are ATTRIBUTING to me ... and I don't have a VISUAL recollection of the hit of which you speak, either ...

BUT, with reference to THIS specific incident ... I, TRULY, do not see that it warranted an ADDITIONAL game suspension on top of the ONE he already received ... and for as much as I, too, feel CFL OFFICIATING is GARBAGE - I really think they got this one RIGHT.

Peace.

A.J. Gass is an example of what is wrong with the officiating in the CFL. He is a known headhunter; no Tiger-Cat fan will ever forget his uppercut under Danny McManus's chin, followed by his idiotic re-enactment of the blow as he gloated in the dugout on national TV. He is the kind of player that should be banished from the CFL, but, instead, is allowed to abuse the appeals process to avoid the natural consequences of his irrational and freakish actions. There is no doubt in my mind that the CFL has fumbled badly on this one, and that the CFL Players' Association has gone to bat for a madman. For shame, for shame.

Well said Bat , and Mean i do remember you saying that about that hit on Danny . Its one thing to be aggressive , its another thing to be dirty while your doing it . Edmonton got away with one here and I think they CFL made a huge mistake .

This is a Joke Right Just like our Refs.

Didn't the CFL suspend Lions LB Otis Floyd a couple years ago because he threw a helmet that struck an official?

This act deserved a similar sentence.

Didn’t the CFL suspend Lions LB Otis Floyd a couple years ago because he threw a helmet that struck an official?

This act deserved a similar sentence.

Long live the Campbell Football League! What a joke!

A J Gass proved once and for all that he really is a mental case. He got quite carried away this time, was so wrapped up in the moment that he forgot where he was and how many people were watching. Probably would do really well with World Wrestling, I hear that there is a couple of openings.
As for the suspension being lifted I would like to see him get a game or two but the ejection and fine are probably good enough.
The arbitrator should have suggested a week or two at the OH.

That's what bothers me about this situation. Any suspension the CFL hands down will now be subject to the same process and even if it is upheld, it will allow teams to choose what game a guy sits (if they want to postpone it for a week or so due to injury) by appealing it.

I'd love to know who Gass has pictures of and where we can get some copies.

[url=http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/sports/story.html?id=f1b4af5a-f51e-4830-aef4-f6eb45c92730]http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/n ... eb45c92730[/url]

A comedy of errors…

I question how impartial a guy who is an avid Eskimos fan and season ticket holder can be.

I think the league blew this one, how did they assign this guy to look at the case.

OMG that is the biggest joke I've ever seen. How unbelievably unprofessional. Why didn't they just let Maciocia make the decision? Same result. :roll: