Gary Stern on Twitter

(I think it merits a topic of its own)

While Stern by tweeting is trying to promote the Als and create positive energy around the team, the inevitable responses to his tweets, such as below, negate what he is trying to achieve. That's just social media. So not sure what he is gaining by being on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/BryanJa30993641/status/1554659217419763712

Wow! You gotta love social media (not really). Gary should post here. We would tell him the truth, but not in such a rude manner.

3 Likes

Invite him to join our private group !

1 Like

Those comments reflect poorly on the people who made them, not Stern.

3 Likes

Interesting idea!

1 Like

Haha…so what is the truth Johnny?

Clogged toilet comment on twitter caught my eye!

Lol

1 Like

The ad hominem attacks on Maciocia are pretty pathetic. Dislike him as GM, call for his firing, fine, but comparing him to a clogged toilet is just asinine.

2 Likes

Oh this forum has made dozens of personal attacks on DM and others. But I do 100% agree that it is asinine.

1 Like

I agree that it is asinine and an extreme example. But that is some of the stuff Stern is going to attract by predicting wins each week for his 2-5 team.

Here's another one:

So again, what is Stern trying to achieve by going on Twitter? Sign the cheques, keep on top of Cecchini & Maciocia, but stay off social media.

Lol, who’s going to have the balls to tell him to please stop? I can imagine what the players and employees are probably telling each other “wtf is this man doing!!” Lolll

In other news just watched the video, glad Burnaboy received his first NFL helmet :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

This is puzzling. Doesn’t Gary Stern have better things to do with his time? If he wants to score big for his team on Social Media surely he has the wherewithal to put together a small group of Alouette enthusiasts who at least know the ropes. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

The Als this season hired Joey Alfieri, former radio reporter, who has been doing an excellent job creating content on the team’s website, You Tube channel, Twitter etc.

But that hasn’t stopped Stern.

1 Like

Twitter is a sewer LOL

2 Likes

He actually wrote and promoted a few decent things like the lower prices for students. He should continue with stuff like “I guarantee a win, if we win tickets for next game are 2 for 1” something like that, promote the team, make fans want to go to the game.

3 Likes

I love him being on Twitter. He's a fan, he cares about the team as a fan in addition to being the owner. He was ribbing TSN about Milt Stegall going to sleep in an Als nightshirt. This is totally harmless and fun and I can see that a lot of fans appreciate it on Twitter.

2 Likes

It can be useful to fight injustice and mobilize people, and there are some great folks on there, but too often, yeah, it’s a cesspool of people who say things anonymously that they would never say to someone’s face in real life.

1 Like

It’s sooo easy to hide behind a keyboard. It’s a little harder to hide behind a cel phone (especially you big people) but it still happens. Get rid of the anonymity and I’ll bet you a doughnut that things would get a lot more civil.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s more about what he posts on Twitter, rather than just being on it.

IMO any coach, manager, player or owner who pays attention to anonymous fans on social media never mind responds to them will soon be joining their ranks.

1 Like