Garrett Marino Released

Do you think ?

I must have had a Captain Obvious moment...

2 Likes

I predict that Marino will find Jesus even though he's been missing for quite some time . The XFL/USFL will promote him as the Christian hero and reclamation project . That would go over big in the Bible Belt .

1 Like

Speaking of finding Jesus , Bibles and belts...

I predict that Marino will quit his football career and announce that he is now getting into politics . He will be endorsed by the upside down bible guy and become a senator in some backwater swamp in the deep south in Bible belt USA .

1 Like

If it's the XFL, don't they let players adopt wrestling names like "He Hate Me"? Marino could become "Leg Breaker Jones" or "Tommy Twister" or "Late Hit McGrit". Then he could try to sell merch like Johnny Lost-in-the-Sauce or James I Am Wilder.

2 Likes

I'm thinking the name " Garrett the Ferret " would look good on the back of his jersey .

1 Like

You've just given me inspiration for my next forum, thanks bobo. Coming at ya.

1 Like

As predicted, Marino has signed a contract with the USFL.

Maybe Lucky Whitehead and Judge with their antics will be next..

1 Like

i doubt he’ll be there long. word is getting around now and i’ve seen some USFL guys posting about it today.

What did Whitehead do? I must have missed it.

He allegedly got sucker punched in the head by Judge in the BC-Calg game last weekend . Lucky apparently provoked the incident by allegedly saying some nasty stuff about Judge's family or something like that . After the game Lucky and some of his teammates decided to stroll over to the exit of the Calg dressing room and confront them in the parking lot . Police on bikes had to intervene and get between the two groups .

Basically broken down it would appear that it was a bunch of supposedly grown men acting like high school thugs meeting up after school at the flagpole to start a royal rumble .

I'm pretty sure that there will be fines and suspensions on both sides meted out when the smoke clears on this incident .

more here from 3DN...

2 Likes

Anyone else thinking that both teams will be missing a few key players on the roster for at least one game and some of them two games...

1 Like

The most concerning issue here is the fact that these two teams meet and play each other again this weekend . So basically if Randy and the league don't get a handle on this right now we could be seeing a powder keg going off in BC Place before , during and after this game is played . It could get real fugly and fast if the proper measures aren't implemented .

4 Likes

Never been a fan of back to backs for this reason. In the past there have always been some bad hits in the second game basically for retaliation alone. The sport is violent enough without adding fuel to the fire with the schedule like this.

1 Like

I may be in the minority here, but this reminds me of the 60s and 70s when teams truely hated each other players didn't hug and pray at end of each game. So I'm loving the rivalry; would love to see all of the players on the field for next game.
Its what gets people excited...kind of like fighting in hockey gets the intensity up.

With the perpetual quality of play being so poor for over 60 percent of the teams in the cfl....seeing a bench clearing brawl would have many fans consider to never take in a cfl game ever again.

I remember those days in the NHL. Bench clearing brawls were common, numerous fist fights going on at the same time, teams going up into the stands to fight with spectators, etc. That kind of stuff needs to stay in the past. The league needs to stomp this fire out before it spreads.

4 Likes

@bobo82 Thanks!

1 Like

My (multiple) experiences spanning years at both BC Place and at Vancouver hockey games tell me that the BC fans are more likely to make it ugly than the players are.

1 Like

:+1: :grinning:

NP .